Question Pre-Sale Question: DBShop Store Comissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

chernabog

Customer
Hi there! For let me thank you guys for amazing Xenforo add-ons and your still furthering XF1 products for those of us not ready or willing to upgrade at the current time. All your products have excellent community reviews and great promotion. Very excited about including them into my community also.

I do have a pre-sale question regarding the shops. I do like the ability that your users, if I am reading properly, can 'apply' to have stores in your shop. That is something I really need, but something that is as equally as important is the ability to assign to some stores and/or items the ability for those to be commissioned items, at a set rate, so if the item sells in the members stores the site gets X% of sale and the member store gets X%. Is that currently possible and if not, could it be something discussed for an enhancement?

Also is your credits module required for the DBShop or does it just expand upon the shop's built in functionality?

I look forward to your reply. Thank you in advance!

Jason

I do like the ability that your users, if I am reading properly, can 'apply' to have stores in your shop.
They can't really apply to have stores in the shop no, the user shops can ONLY sell "Custom Item" item types that have no effect on the forum (e.g. no username changes, etc).

That is something I really need, but something that is as equally as important is the ability to assign to some stores and/or items the ability for those to be commissioned items, at a set rate, so if the item sells in the members stores the site gets X% of sale and the member store gets X%.
You can set a "Shop Beneficiary" that's independent of the person who owns the shop. So if you wanted to manage this manually in the AdminCP, you could create "faux user shops" by assigning items to them manually and setting the member as a beneficiary.

Also is your credits module required for the DBShop or does it just expand upon the shop's built in functionality?
Credits mod simply adds more methods for obtaining points, including real money. By default, the Shop can only give members credits for threads and posts.

They can't really apply to have stores in the shop no, the user shops can ONLY sell "Custom Item" item types that have no effect on the forum (e.g. no username changes, etc).

You can set a "Shop Beneficiary" that's independent of the person who owns the shop. So if you wanted to manage this manually in the AdminCP, you could create "faux user shops" by assigning items to them manually and setting the member as a beneficiary.

Credits mod simply adds more methods for obtaining points, including real money. By default, the Shop can only give members credits for threads and posts.

Thanks for the quick reply @Fillip H.. I was hoping that the shop had the ability to sell real tangible items, as well as virtual items. I may have misread a little bit, but if the website users can sell 'custom items' (their own merchandise) that would work. Ideally, however, any shops and/or items (based on permissions) would require Administrative approval before going live.

Would something like this, including having comissions being a built in system (e.g. a store, category or item set up as comissionable) where the payment perhaps is taken by the forum's paypal account and then the comissions due being paid out immediately or on a set time frame be something that could perhaps be looked into for a future release or perhaps development paid for to have included in a future release?

I will re-read the details of DBShop, my apologies if I didn't pay proper attention to make sure I fully understand it. I love the ability to offer forum options, lotteries, etc., I am just making sure that custom items are as i thought which is the ability to sell tangibles.

If not... I would love to discuss perhaps paid development to turn DBShop into something of a Woo-Commerce for XenForo so it can appeal to a much larger group of forums and forum types.

Thanks much!!

DB Shop is not designed to be an eCommerce tool and to restructure it to become one would be a five-figure project that would span months of development.

We have an eCommerce tool for XF2, but no plans to port it to XF1 as it would not be possible to replicate the functionality on XF1.

I am reviewing the XF2 eCommerce now and it looks really good @Fillip H. -- any consideration for adding in automated commission payments to future updates perhaps and defined a little deeper by shop and or category within a shop?

It looks like it already has the ability to approve member stores built in.

This is making me debate switching to XF2 straight away... great job!!

There are no member stores in the DragonByte eCommerce. It only has the forum owner, as the sole store owner, collecting payment from members into a single PayPal (or other payment processor).

If you want the ability for members to sell physical items, or digital downloads, you do not want an eCommerce solution, you want a Classifieds solution.

Neither DragonByte Shop nor DragonByte eCommerce is a Classifieds solution.

@Fillip H. the product overviews are very well done and so are the feature lists. What we are looking for and what was in production, but it seems the member went MIA from the XenForo Community, is a vendor marketplace - which is an eCommerce solution that allows not only the ability to control your own brand and store, but open your eCommerce marketplace to allow others to sell through your platform for a cost or commission as determined by the store (site) owner. Much different than the idea of a classifieds system.

If there is ever any community interest, or interest from your end, to expand upon the XF2 DB eCommerce solution to include such value added abilities - please let me know. I would aid in development cost as much as is reasonable or possible. Likely a better PM conversation.

It would simply enhance your eCommerce solution and provide an additional source of revenue to site owners. It is a common feature in many major eCommerce platforms. You are, however, the first eCommerce - full featured - addition to XenForo ...so great work and much needed!! (y):love:

Hello @chernabog,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Shop has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Shop

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating