Question Making A Tab A Drop Tab With vBNavTabs For vB4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy47

Former Developer
Customer
It is a small process but not to difficult.

1) Create a tab.
2) Create a menu for the tab.
3) Edit the tab and the last setting, "Select The Menu To Act As The Dropdown." select the menu you just created, click on save.
4) Add links to the menu you created, these are what will show up as the dropdown items in the tab.

I am about to pull my hair out with creating Drop-downs with 4.2.x :confused:
I know it would be a lot of work but could we get some step by step screen shots with instructions?

Yeah I just uninstalled it.....not because of the drop downs, but because it would require multiple template edits to make it look good with the theme which I'm not good at!

I'm sticking with the regular vbnavtabs (which i love) as i had it set perfectly and I could careless if the tab lights ups lol seems like a useless function anyways! if you don't know what tab your at and need a little light up to tell you then there is something wrong! ;) (not directed at you GoodApples I'm simply referring to pulling pulling hair out and reverting back ;))

It is a small process but not to difficult.

1) Create a tab.
3) Edit the tab and the last setting, "Select The Menu To Act As The Dropdown." select the menu you just created, click on save.
4) Add links to the menu you created, these are what will show up as the dropdown items in the tab.

Thank You.:RpS_thumbup: Very Easy :RpS_thumbsup: Not particularly intuitive:RpS_thumbdn:

Good, glad ya got it working, it is the only way I could find how to add a droptab in 4.2

Ozzy47, I'm sorry to be such a pain. I'm probably missing a checkbox or something simple, but I just can't get it to work. I'm including pics to hopefully make things easier here.

1) Create a tab.

9845549295_4f29db4dd6_o.jpg

9845516265_333e9259c9_o.jpg

3) Edit the tab and the last setting, "Select The Menu To Act As The Dropdown." select the menu you just created, click on save

9845706494_b6c9453a48_o.jpg

4) Add links to the menu you created

9845610506_544f784879_o.jpg

^I actually ended up creating two links, after it didn't work with just the first one. Both links were identical, only the display order was changed.

these (links) are what will show up as the dropdown items in the tab.

9845472325_1061d849e8_o.jpg

^All looks good, but when I click on the tab...nothing happens. No dropdown menu, nothing.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back