Question importing GPS data instead of determine geo location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackko

Customer
Hi,
is there a simple way to import existing geo data (lat/lon) rather than have the IP's geolocation ?
I have all my users' lat/lon which I'd like to use. Guess I have to deactivate the cron then too.

thxs Karl-Heinz

UPDATE user SET dbtech_membermap_lat = X, dbtech_membermap_lng = X, dbtech_membermap_scan = 1 WHERE userid = X

Replace the X as needed.

Hello @Jackko,

We hope your ticket regarding Member Map has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

I imported the GPS Data and set the dbtech_membermap_scan=1, which worked well.
Now most users are shown at their location, however some are not shown others cannot move their Icon for the location :(

I did check, all OK no success.
What I found is an "e" in some GPS data, like 4.764910136773585e15
When I set lat, lng, scan=0 and do start the cron data is updated correctly.
However, after a while the "e" is back 4.764910136773585e15 in the DB

That is scientific notation. I've no idea if that's meant to be there or not, could be an issue with your server.

Thnaks. I will check with my hosting guy, but can you please confirm if your Software can cope with this "e" or if this might cause errors? At least with my user I can tell, since the "e" is there my Icon is gone...

It's not about whether this product can cope with scientific notation, it's whether they are valid coordinates for Google Maps.

checked with my hosting support, they don't have an idea why this "e" occurs. Seems to be a problem with my degrading VB software... Will drop VB and go to XenForo sooner than planned...

Hello @Jackko,

We hope your ticket regarding Member Map has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Member Map

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating