Question Import vBSEO > DBSEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

woostar

Customer
Is there a thread that explains/walks-thru the import process between vBSEO and DBSEO?

Also, does it copy all the settings exactly? Is there anything I need to be prepared for?

The "readme_vbseo.txt" file that should be supplied with the Pro version download will explain the process :)

It copies every setting it has an equivalent for.

There's a few things you may need to look out for:
  • If you use forum URLs without forum IDs (a bad idea), then you may need to turn on the Legacy URLs setting as vBSEO handled those URLs differently
  • The character filter, custom redirect and custom rewrite rules settings sometimes import with double HTML encoding due to a bug in an older version of vBSEO, which may need to be corrected manually
  • The Google Analytics setup process will still need to be completed, advisories will exist in the DBSEO CP if that's needed

Many thanks Fillip H..

To save having to open another thread, I have a question about bug fixes. Specifically "Social group sitemap URLs will no longer cause a server error". Do you really charge $52.46 (upgrade 2.0.40 to 2.0.42) for fixing problems that shouldn't be in the script to start with? I bought it a year ago but haven't used it yet.

To save having to open another thread, I have a question about bug fixes.
It is not feasible for us to patch versions retroactively. To do that would multiply the amount of time it would take for us to release every new version. For that reason, if a license does expire in between the release of two versions, an upgrade is indeed needed.

That is also why we sell the Lifetime version, which will never expire. If we were all about money, then we would not offer a Lifetime version (and you'll find very few paid mods in today's market who even offers a lifetime version).

We could have charged a yearly renewal fee no matter what, but I think it's quite fair to have that balance between us getting paid for our work (upgrade fees) vs customer benefits (lifetime license that never requires a repayment).

Hello @woostar,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte SEO has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating