Question How to update Thanks/Like Pro for vb4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Chapline

I recently updated my forum's vBulletin 4 software, and that seems to have created a problem with another product, Tapatalk. Tapatalk advised me to update DBtech Thanks/Like. My vBulletin control panel says I have "DragonByte Tech: Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro)" installed. I haven't been able to find any version of "Pro" to download. Only "Lite." I also can't find license information, although I'm sure I would not have installed it if it wasn't licensed. (And, I would not have known how to do that.) On my server, the files in the dbtech directory are all dated 2013, so I probably haven't looked at any of this in five years. Could you direct me to the "Pro" download, if it exists, and how to retrieve my license information?

Unfortunately we have no record of you ever purchasing any products from us :(

Here's the steps you'll need to take:
  1. Go to this page: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/store/advanced-post-thanks-like.22/releases and click Download demo next to the latest version
  2. Disable (not uninstall) the Thanks mod from the Product Manager in vBulletin
  3. Delete the following files / directories:
    * /thanks.php
    * /admincp/thanks.php
    * /dbtech/thanks
    * /dbtech/thanks_pro
    * /includes/xml/cpnav_dbtech_thanks.xml
    * /includes/xml/cpnav_dbtech_thanks_pro.xml
    * /includes/xml/cpnav_dbtech_thanks.xml
    * /includes/xml/bitfield_dbtech_thanks.xml
    * /includes/xml/bitfield_dbtech_thanks_pro.xml

(Ignore any missing files)
  4. Upload the latest Lite version
  5. Go back to the Product Manager in vBulletin and upgrade the mod as normal
That should, in theory, correctly revert you to the Lite version without causing any loss of data.

Thank you. After several installation attempts, the Thanks/Like Lite buttons are appearing on the forum. Tapatalk and everything else seem to be working. Apparently we were running the Pro version before, because we had a custom button. I can't find a version called "Pro" in the DragonByte web store. Is the pay version the Pro version? One more question: I think the thanks/likes counts reverted to zero. Not sure, but I haven't seen any counts. Is there a file I could restore from a backup that would restore the counts? Not a big deal.

Hello @Joe Chapline,

We hope your ticket regarding Advanced Post Thanks / Like has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating