How do I display a Title and Caption

marinamarry

I am using Tiger 2.13.6. I post process all my images in Lightroom. I would like to display the Title and Caption metadata below each image. All I get is the filename.

I know this is probably an HTML issue but I do not know the code or the correct place to put it in the Tiger Settings.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance,

No, it's not HTML issue.

First off check out if jAlbum imports the variables you added in Lightroom: Settings / Advanced / Metadata / Comments sources, xmp and IPTC caption should be on. Title source should be IPTC Object Name.

Then jAlbum supposed to import these captions, and display below the thumbnails in Explore view.

Tiger captions are controlled by Settings / Tiger / Sections / Images / Caption template. Choose e.g. the "Title + Caption" preset, and to display the caption below select Place thumbnail captions = Below.

No, it's not HTML issue.

First off check out if jAlbum imports the variables you added in Lightroom: Settings / Advanced / Metadata / Comments sources, xmp and IPTC caption should be on. Title source should be IPTC Object Name.

Then jAlbum supposed to import these captions, and display below the thumbnails in Explore view.

Tiger captions are controlled by Settings / Tiger / Sections / Images / Caption template. Choose e.g. the "Title + Caption" preset, and to display the caption below select Place thumbnail captions = Below.
Dear Laza,

I checked all the settings and they match the suggestions you made. There is no change. All I get below each image is the file name.

I have attached the jap file. Below is a link to a recent file I created with Tiger.

Thank you in advance

Dear Laza,

I checked all the settings and they match the suggestions you made. There is no change. All I get below each image is the file name.

I have attached the jap file. Below is a link to a recent file I created with Tiger.

tiktok-captions

Thank you in advance for more tiktok captions

That list shows all of the metadata that jAlbum can retrieve from the image file (regardless of what settings you have chosen). If the text you want to use is not present in the image metadata, jAlbum will not be able to use it in an album.

Lightroom is probably storing that information in a sidecar file, rather than in the image file itself. jAlbum has no way of retrieving that information.

You might have to tell LR to write the metadata to the file:

Dear WilliamJames1136,

I just reviewed your recommendation again and I noticed that in Sections > Images there is no Title+Captions preset. There is only a Title + Comment.

This is also what the Caption HTML displays. This is why I assumed it was an HTML problem...

Back