Status
Not open for further replies.

pokerland

Customer
hey
i have vb 4.06 and i have just installed advanced user tagging pro and i have the following problems

1 - when creating a post with a mention in it (@something), posting takes a lot of time (over 20 secs) and eventually two identical posts are created. the mention is working.
2 - i have DragonByte Tech: vBShout installed for a long time, and after installing the tagging product, the shoutbox stopped working and displayed in the area where the shouts are supposed to be the message "internal server error". after disabling the tagging product, the shoutbox returned to normal.

please assist
thank you
gil.

There may be a mod conflict, can you try disabling all other mods? If that's not possible, please try setting up a test forum with only User tagging mod installed (on the same server as the real forum) and see if this problem persists.

Have you updated vBShout to the latest version (5.3.1 as of this post)? I am not aware of any mod conflict between those two versions, as you can see we are running both of them fine with no conflicts here :)

thanks for the quick reply.
i will try disabling some mods lets at night when the system is less busy, have you ever heard of such problem - slow and/or double posting?

the shoutbox is version 4.12 , i will also upgrade it, but this is the smaller issue.

The only reason for that would be if there was some form of script and/or database error that caused it.

It's quite possible the version number discrepancy is in fact the cause of this issue - I believe I have only tested it on v5.3 (or whatever was the current vBShout version during the time of release of the integration). Time will tell :)

hey
regarding the post problem, i've disabled as much plugins as i could , i only left

------------
Different Language for AdminCP and ModCP

DragonByte Tech: Advanced User Tagging (Pro)

Evisystems No more whats new tab

Imageshack, MEGAUPLOAD & Photobucket Uploader

MARCO1 Tag Cloud - Forum Home

Separate Sticky and Normal Threads

Tabs en vBulletin 4.x

vBulletin Blog

vBulletin CMS
---------------
note that i've disabled the shoutbox

now the problem i have is that every post takes a long time, even if doesn't have @ in it, it looks like the while the page is "loading" the post is visible from another browser so the thing that takes the time must be something after (sending a mail maybe?).

is there a log that can be looked at? someway i can find where exactly is the wait?

If there's no @ then user tagging does nothing, so that should rule that out :)

There's no logs, so you just have to keep disabling until you find the culprit :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

if there is no @ and the tagging plugin is diabled everything is ok, so it has to be something with it.
is there a way in vbulletin to add extra logging, or see some logs that will help me check this out? i'm talking about vbulletin in general, if there is anything you might have encountered

if there is no @ and the tagging plugin is diabled everything is ok, so it has to be something with it.
is there a way in vbulletin to add extra logging, or see some logs that will help me check this out? i'm talking about vbulletin in general, if there is anything you might have encountered

I downgraded from a dedicated server to a VPS.

Had the same problem of very slow posting and double posting.

This add-on was definitely one of the culprits. Like you, disabling it so far has resolved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back