Implemented Disable Item Discarding To Prevent Repurchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrd

Customer
We have these issues even when we're still using the DBShop's vBulletin version that a user could re-purchase unique items by simply discarding it. Now that we're in XF the problem still lingers. We couldn't prevent anyone from repurchasing unique disposable items like Username Change. They buy the item, configure it, discard, then buy it again. We couldn't limit how many times a user could change username if they could buy the item repeatedly. But if a user is not allowed to manually discard an item then we could set how long a user could repurchase an item by setting the item duration and enabling auto-discard after expiry, or prevent repurchase entirely by setting item duration to permanent and no discard which is ideal for one-time purchase items.

TLDR:
Do you guys have plans on adding an option to enable or disable manual discarding when creating an item to prevent unlimited purchase?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think a "Allow manual discard" feature could be a good middle ground here, I'll keep this open to see if it's something I can add in the short term. If not, I'll move it to the Feature Requests section :)

Thank you for your consideration. Having a control over when to allow repurchase or not to allow it all is a big step up for the store. It makes certain items rare and more valuable. That's gonna create excitement among users looking forward at the time they could finally repurchase the item and could also open up a market for trading rare one-time purchase items.

Thank you for suggesting this feature, it has now been implemented. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future release (6.6.0).

Change log:
Feature: Per-item option to disable manual discarding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back