Status
Not open for further replies.

rphang

Customer
Hello,
I need help about create thread event in dragonbyte credits
For i.e:
I created 2 event "Thread (creating forum topic)"
One for specific group (I call this event 1, for i.e: Quality group), one for the rest of group (i called this event 2, for i.e: Registered group)
Some members the rest of group has Secondary User Group (which is in specific group in event 1)

Now there is 2 users, user A and user B, both users are in Registered user group (primary group)
User A has no Secondary group
User B is in Secondary group (Quality group)

So the system executed the event 1 with price same as event 2 because they're both are in Primary user group, which is Registered

But the problem is I need User B creating a thread different price from user A, while both of them are in Registered primary group, is it possible?

I can't change Secondary group of user B to Primary because it will change alot of things in my forum, lots of trouble would appears, and I don't want that

Sorry for complicated explanation but I hope you can understand

But the problem is I need User B creating a thread different price from user A, while both of them are in Registered primary group, is it possible?
In the XenForo options, the "Event triggering" setting controls whether only the "Best" event is applied, or all events.

If you select "Best", then the event that awards users the most credits will be used.

Beyond that, I don't understand what the problem is. With the setting set to "Best", only one event will be picked. If you believe it's picking the wrong event, then I will need more information as to why you believe this.

In the XenForo options, the "Event triggering" setting controls whether only the "Best" event is applied, or all events.

If you select "Best", then the event that awards users the most credits will be used.

Beyond that, I don't understand what the problem is. With the setting set to "Best", only one event will be picked. If you believe it's picking the wrong event, then I will need more information as to why you believe this.
I think you're not understand my case yet
Let me explain more details
There is 2 users, user A and user B
User A has no Secondary group

User B has a Secondary group which is "Quality" group

1567607473036.png

And there is a node forum called "Trading" forum

When user A create a thread in that forum will be charged 2 USD
Meanwhile User B create a thread in that forum will be charged 1 USD only

How to do that while both user are in Registered User Group, only user B in Secondary User Group

As I can see, the default is "Best"
I also tested the other option, which is All, but it is not what i want, it executed both event, that's mean both price will be applied
Right now if I understand, there is no solution for my case if someone want to do 2 "Thread" event base on User Group or Secondary User Group. Because either you choose "Best" price in 2 "Thread" event or you choose "All" to execute all of it, which both are not a solution

There is no way to do what you want using your current setup. A potential solution would be to use user group promotions to put everyone in another secondary group, then remove that group from users in the Quality group.

That way, when the first event is configured to only use the Standard group instead of Registered, it will no longer trigger for Quality users.

There is no way to do what you want using your current setup. A potential solution would be to use user group promotions to put everyone in another secondary group, then remove that group from users in the Quality group.

That way, when the first event is configured to only use the Standard group instead of Registered, it will no longer trigger for Quality users.
Honestly, your way didn't work in my intended use, but I just figured out how to adapt with the add-on
I think a lot of people must figure how to adapt with your add-on too
For i.e: I have same situation with this guy in this topic : https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/threads/edit-posts-and-threads.23969/
I also must find a temporary way to adapt with the feature, with the way of your design (which don't work as exactly like other people think when they decide to buy)

I just want to say so, just want to report to you so you know there is issues to solve, to improve (or create more option) to work exactly as its called feature

For my case, I found a temporary way to adapt it, so you can close this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Credits

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings