Implemented Ability to customize this template more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizard

Customer
The template that controls the text seen when members donate should be more customizable. If I'm remembering correctly, we use a suffix (let's call it "coins") and a name for our currency (let's name it "Gold Coins").

This is what happens when we do this:

Mario sent you 999 coins Gold Coins. Message: Take my coins and shut up.

This is a big problem for us and members might think we're coco for cocoa puffs because there is absolutely nothing we can do about it, I think. I think we've modified other parts of the site that does this to make it work properly, but the alert phrase or template doesn't let us do it if I remember correctly.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello @Charizard,

Thank you for your suggestion for DragonByte Credits. Your request will be reviewed by a member of our team shortly.

Unless there are any problems preventing these features from being added to the product, this thread will not receive another reply until it is time to review logged feature requests for implementation.

We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our products!

- DragonByte Tech Staff

Sorry, I don't know which phrase you have customised in order to produce that output.

Furthermore, it is not intended for the prefix or suffix to contain words. It's meant for symbols. In the real world, some currencies have their symbol in front of the number, like £500 and some currencies have the symbol after the number.

Using a word like "coins" as a prefix or suffix is contrary to how the system is designed and how it is assumed the system is used.

Yeah using a different suffix that isn't a word would be the expected workaround.

I think in this case it makes more sense to simply remove the prefix and suffix.

I think I should set a new standard;
  • If the currency title is listed after the number, don't use prefix/suffix.
  • If there's no currency title (or it's displayed like in the postbit) then use prefix and suffix instead.

If you find any other problematic areas (perhaps areas where you've had to customise it previously) please let me know and I'll standardise them :)

How do we insert back "coins" after the credits amount then with it linked to the transaction popup overlay?

• Navigation menu
  • Postbit
  • Widget

We're not a "real world" forum. We're a Nintendo forum with a lot of kids who freak out at the first sign of real currency. I hope you weren't expecting all of your customers to use real world currency when buying this addon.

How do we insert back "coins" after the credits amount then with it linked to the transaction popup overlay?

• Navigation menu
  • Postbit
  • Widget
The way the alert template will look going forward is like so:
1588260695876.png
Where "Credits" is the name of the currency. You could change the name of your currency to "Coins".

We're not a "real world" forum. We're a Nintendo forum with a lot of kids who freak out at the first sign of real currency. I hope you weren't expecting all of your customers to use real world currency when buying this addon.
I'm not exactly sure where this is coming from...? This topic has nothing to do with real world currency.

I used real world currency symbols as an example in my previous post because I couldn't immediately think of a fantasy currency that has its own unicode symbol. Even if I could, I'd need to search for it in order to use it as an example as opposed to just hitting a key in my keyboard.

The way the alert template will look going forward is like so:
1588260695876.png

Where "Credits" is the name of the currency. You could change the name of your currency to "Coins".
We have a unique name of what we call the currency that's been suggested by the members. We can't rename the currency to "coins", otherwise it risks upsetting them.

Everything works perfectly fine. It's just that we want to remove the suffix from that specific template/phrase.

Or we need a workaround on how to implement "coins" in the following templates as mentioned in:
  • Navigation menu
  • Postbit
  • Widget
How can this be done?
I'm not exactly sure where this is coming from...? This topic has nothing to do with real world currency.

I used real world currency symbols as an example in my previous post because I couldn't immediately think of a fantasy currency that has its own unicode symbol. Even if I could, I'd need to search for it in order to use it as an example as opposed to just hitting a key in my keyboard.
Just making it clear so there's no misunderstanding of our current usage and what type of forum we are. It's a made-up currency, therefore we have no symbol. Our aim is to be as user-friendly as possible.

Well like I said, the prefix and suffix will be removed from the alert phrase in the next version, in lieu of only displaying the currency title.

Ah, I thought you were suggesting that we remove the suffix from the admin panel, so I was looking for a workaround.

I'm drowsy from tablets (currently sick atm) so I must have misread or misunderstood what was said.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Hello @Charizard,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Credits has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @Charizard,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte Credits has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back