Major feature updates are currently not possible due to design decisions taken by Internet Brands.
Advanced Thanks/Like mod is designed to cut down on spam and increase useful content in your forum by using a peer encouragement system.
Advanced Thanks/Like mod is designed to cut down on spam and increase useful content in your forum by using a peer encouragement system - users thank/like each others posts, which can encourage the thanked person to post more great content.
Feature List: Lite
Postbit stats: Shows how many button clicks a person has given, received etc in the postbit. Admins can determine what statistics can show in the postbit to control sizes etc.
Admin Permissions: Control things such as who can click buttons, require button clicks, what shows in postbit, what options can run concurrently, per forum permisions etc.
Notifications: Receive alerts when a member clicked on one of the buttons for one of your posts.
Feature List: Pro
Infinite Buttons: Ability to create new buttons to press! No longer do you need to be limited by Thanks / Like / Dislike.
User Postbit Config: Lets users decide what postbit stats they want to see.
Additional permissions: Un-click a button. Control how many stats show on the statistics page, set permissions per subforum.
Buttons in First Post Only: This allows you to only make the first post thankable. If you forum is based around news, releases or anything similar this will allow your users to easily see the quality of the thread in question.
Button Click Anonymity: This feature will be extremely helpful to forums who like the idea of a "dislike" button, but don't like the drama it brings. Now you can set certain buttons to be anonymous - no one will see who clicked.
Missing Feature List: Lite
Require a Button Click: Allows you to hide the content of a post, or hie an attachment, until the person clicks a button on the post.
Statistics: Shows the top 5 people for; Giving / Receiving button clicks.
Import Thanks: Import script to import "thanks" from Abe's [AJAX] Post Thank You Hack on vBulletin.org. It will work with both vB3 and vB4 versions of this mod.
Missing Feature List: Pro
Auto Collapse Posts: Collapses a post so it doesnt show up by using a formulae for button clicks of your choosing.
Post Colour Thresholds: Ever wanted an easy way for members to tell if a post is helpful or trash? Colour thresholds let you change the colour of posts depending on how many clicks of a button they receive. Members can now see at a glance whether or not a post is helpful, interesting or pointless.
Complete Feature List
Thanks / Like / Dislike Buttons
- Fully integrated into the vBulletin 5 postbit footer
- Same style / functionality as the vBulletin Reputation / "Like" controls
- On-demand list of people who clicked a certain button
- Fully AJAX driven
- Edit name and action text
- Turn off "Given" stats
- Turn off "Received" stats
- Ability to turn off buttons per Category
- Forum notification
- Notifications contain direct link to the post in question
- Cleanup, removes any thanks / likes / dislikes from posts that no longer exists
- Recalculate, recalculates how many thanks / likes / dislikes a user should have
- Rebuild Statistics, ensures the Statistics table is correctly populated and its values are correct.
- Filter entries by username, button, start date, end date
- Change number of entries per page
- Change sort order
- Ensures the button / page router caches are updated
- Hide postbit items per-button
- Turn off notifications
- Create unlimited buttons to click
- Minimum posts required to click a button
- Per-usergroup setting to become immune to clicks of a button
- Per-usergroup setting whether who clicked a button is displayed
- Per-usergroup setting to allow disabling clicks of a specific button for a post
- Per-usergroup setting to allow removing a click of a button
- Limit button clicks per day
- Per-forum ability to set each button to only display in the first post
- Per-forum toggle of what buttons are enabled
- Turn off "Given" and "Received stats on a per-button basis
- Ability to delete entries found in the Search interface
- Change number of entries per page
- Change sort order
- Email notification, respects the receiving user's email settings
- Can be disabled on a per-button basis
vB4 / vB5 Differences
Currently Missing Features
- Click buttons for posts (permissions and settings permitting)
- Require button clicks to see content (whole post is hidden)
- Require button clicks to see attachments
- Each button can be set as "Default" for Attachments and Content. When posting via Quick Reply, the default button(s) will be set as Required
- Top 5 Given / Received statistics for each button
- Widget for recent Button Clicks
- Hottest Threads / Posts page showing most clicked posts and threads
- "Entry List" page; a browseable list of all button clicks
- Hottest Threads / Posts has a date range filter
- Set more / less than 5 for the Given / Received statistics
- Ability to auto-collapse posts using provided formula or input for your own using your custom buttons
- Ability to create Post Colour Thresholds to highlight posts in different colours
- (vB4) Choose what portions of the postbit should be coloured via the post colour thresholds.
- Individual users now be excluded from using the mod
This mod displays a copyright notification in the footer of all pages which includes:
- 1 Link to DragonByte Technologies homepage
- 1 Link to Product Description page of this modification