Question Test Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieDelta

Customer
I am either going crazy or there are gremlins running around my site.

I just received a Digest Newsletter for my forum and noticed all the styling is back to the default. I begin to investigate and can not find the settings anywhere in my admincp. I look at my templates and see everything there. I look in my products page and can't find the newsletter mod anywhere. I finally look in my file manager and see all the uploaded files are in place.
I re-import the xml and find that the settings in the admincp are back, however, I can't find for the life of me the testing mode to see if my custom templates are working.

Where do I find this?

I just answered my own question.
I found the test mode in Dragonbyte Mail admincp settings. It was missing from there at first as well which is why I missed it the first time.

You are saying that the "Test" link didn't show up when viewing the list of Digests? If so, that's very strange.

That being said, I notice you've posted this in the Newsletter forum - the functionality of the Newsletter mod was added to vBMail with the v3.3.0 upgrade, so if you have both mods installed you should deactivate the Newsletter mod, port over the template customisations to the vBMail templates (they should be named fairly similar, only with dbtech_vbmail_ in front instead of dbtech_newsletter_ IIRC) as well as the settings, then uninstall the Newsletter mod.

I don't recall if users' unsubscribe settings were ported by the v3.3.0 upgrade but that may not be the case, so you should direct your users to the UserCP so they can unsubscribe if they have previously done so.

You are saying that the "Test" link didn't show up when viewing the list of Digests? If so, that's very strange.
Actually, "Manage Digest" was missing completely at first.

That being said, I notice you've posted this in the Newsletter forum - the functionality of the Newsletter mod was added to vBMail with the v3.3.0 upgrade, so if you have both mods installed you should deactivate the Newsletter mod, port over the template customisations to the vBMail templates (they should be named fairly similar, only with dbtech_vbmail_ in front instead of dbtech_newsletter_ IIRC) as well as the settings, then uninstall the Newsletter mod.

This may explain why the newsletter product was missing and why I am having most of these problems. Ok, I will start the process of deactivating the mod and moving templates and report back.

Hello CharlieDelta,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Newsletter

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings