Question In what order& how to set up awards/criteria/acheviements? documentation isn't clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolimitreef

Customer
In what order& how to set up awards/criteria/acheviements? documentation isn't clear

This is very confusing as to what goes first and such in setting up achievements and awards. Is there anywhere at all that you can point us to with details on how to do so other than the included documentation? It is not very clear in this area of the install also one of the links is broken for criteria.
We have the Pro version.

** Honestly, we love your mods but instructions other than initial install are severely lacking on most of them. We would like to make them all as Pro versions but to the point of complete frustration with set up on the ones we do have. Pro should come with better "How To". Just my 2 cents, we would like to set then up properly rather than half-*** :( After this one "Reviews" will be next if we don't give up first. My comments are not intended to be rude, just being honest. We spend more time looking for answers that getting anything accomplished.

Thank you :)

Criteria -> Achievements. Awards do not use Criteria, so you don't need to create anything before creating new Awards.

The reason for why this is, is because Achievements are intended to be handed out automatically. For that reason, you need a clear set of rules as to when the system should award the Achievements, like "Posts >= 50".

So then the awards are completely separate and something we make up? In understand the achievements. But if we want certain awards for be given for the Achievements made how do we do this? Or don't we? For example; Registered Invites; If we want to run a contest on who gets the most registered invites in 2 weeks? Can't we create criteria for that and designate an award? Or is is this in Pro?

When will you be installing the Pro upgrade ordered?

We are wondering when you will be installing the upgrade to activities? Also, will we lose everything that has already been set up and calculations?

So then the awards are completely separate and something we make up? In understand the achievements. But if we want certain awards for be given for the Achievements made how do we do this? Or don't we? For example; Registered Invites; If we want to run a contest on who gets the most registered invites in 2 weeks? Can't we create criteria for that and designate an award? Or is is this in Pro?
Awards cannot be given automatically, and they are not tied to Achievements in any way, shape or form. They are purely created & handed out manually. Their intended purpose is to be used for special events (such as "hey our forum is 1 year old, if you reply to this thread you'll get an award!" where you would manually give out the award to participating users).

We are wondering when you will be installing the upgrade to activities? Also, will we lose everything that has already been set up and calculations?
You'll receive a forum PM when installation is completed, and no data will be lost upon upgrade :)

Awards cannot be given automatically, and they are not tied to Achievements in any way, shape or form. They are purely created & handed out manually. Their intended purpose is to be used for special events (such as "hey our forum is 1 year old, if you reply to this thread you'll get an award!" where you would manually give out the award to participating users).

You'll receive a forum PM when installation is completed, and no data will be lost upon upgrade :)

OK, but, what if I created a specific achievement for such a contest and designated the special award at say "50 Invites" ? It's basically the same thing, yes? Then when the contest is done I can disable it. I saw on your site that an achievement can be given an taken by another and recieved back. How was that done?

Thank you, glad we won't lose anything! :D

Achievements can only be created based on the Criteria found when you go to Manage Criteria -> Add New Criteria -> the drop-down holds the possible criteria types.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say achievements can be given and taken by another?

Achievements can only be created based on the Criteria found when you go to Manage Criteria -> Add New Criteria -> the drop-down holds the possible criteria types.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say achievements can be given and taken by another?
I was looking at the activities and awards for your own site to get some idea how this all worked. And one thing that grabbed my attention was that in one of them you held the award and then lost it to someone else then gained it back. Does that have something to do with which of these "<,>,<=,=>,=" is used in creating a criteria? What is the action of each specifically?

Also, it is not calculating anything from Reviews that it's supposed to. No posts, comments or ratings.

Last edited:
I was looking at the activities and awards for your own site to get some idea how this all worked. And one thing that grabbed my attention was that in one of them you held the award and then lost it to someone else then gained it back.
You're referring to a Trophy, which happens if two people are competing for who has earned the most points for a certain action.

For instance, if I have 500 points from posts, and you have 505 points from posts, you will have the trophy. If I then earn 10 points from posts, I will gain the trophy. If you then earn 10 points from posts, you will get the trophy back.

You're referring to a Trophy, which happens if two people are competing for who has earned the most points for a certain action.

For instance, if I have 500 points from posts, and you have 505 points from posts, you will have the trophy. If I then earn 10 points from posts, I will gain the trophy. If you then earn 10 points from posts, you will get the trophy back.

Aha! Ok I see :) Thank you!

One last thing on this one... (well 2 really)

1) "<,>,<=,=>,=" What is the action of each specifically?

2) Also, it is not calculating anything from Reviews that it's supposed to. No posts, comments or ratings show up in activities. How can we fix this. Part of getting the members to add to Reviews is the awards (especially since we're about to make a contest of it) You're welcome to log in and look if you like.

After this is working and I know the answer to #1 we can close this one as well :)

Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings