DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons - Powered by vBulletin

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Changed A VBShop Item itemid in DB directly, now cannot remove the item.

Forum: vBShop Lite Support

Questions & Answers for vBShop.
Click here to buy!

Level 0 (0 Loyalty Points)

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsActivity Stats

Default Changed A VBShop Item itemid in DB directly, now cannot remove the item.

This is a site I host. One of the Site's moderators wanted to add a new item to the shop, and then changed the itemid in the dbtech_vbshop_item table. This broke the item and it cannot be deleted or edited, even after changing the ID back, and they've asked me to fix it. I'm assuming there's some reference I have to fix, but I'm not sure.
    0 0 0

Changed A VBShop Item itemid in DB directly, now cannot remove the item. Send PM  

Founder
    Blog Entries

Can you please try clicking "Repair Cache" in the sidebar?

For the future, please instruct your moderators to not directly alter the database, as there's quite the tree of references involved. Currently, our DB tables do not use Foreign Keys due to limited support for these on legacy systems, so the application itself will need to be allowed to maintain these references.
    Fillip Hannisdal
    Founder & Programming Director
    DragonByte Technologies http://www.DragonByte-Tech.com

Please do not Private Message me with support requests or product questions. PMs are only for exchanging sensitive information (like FTP / AdminCP logins).
    Please do not Private Message me with business related queries (refunds, complaints, feedback, etc). Decado is the person to PM for those issues.
    Please do not Private Message Decado with support requests or forum errors.

When I say "Hotfix Released" it means you should re-download the product and re-upload the files.
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!
    0 0 0

Changed A VBShop Item itemid in DB directly, now cannot remove the item. Send PM  

I have tried the "rebuild cache" several times, and it does not make a difference.

I have instructed them to not make changes like this.
    0 0 0

Founder
    Blog Entries

If you PM me with an AdminCP account that has at least Can Administer vBShop and the canrunqueries permission in config.php (please make sure you test this before giving me the access details, if I can't execute SQL queries then we're just wasting each other's time), as well as give me all information regarding the affected item, I can look into this @ your site.
    Fillip Hannisdal

Please do not Private Message me with support requests or product questions. PMs are only for exchanging sensitive information (like FTP / AdminCP logins).
    Please do not Private Message me with business related queries (refunds, complaints, feedback, etc). Decado is the person to PM for those issues.

When I say "Hotfix Released" it means you should re-download the product and re-upload the files.
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!
    0 0 0

We went ahead and tried to create a new item after you so graciously fixed the problem, and we run into the same issue. We still get the message that item_id=0 cannot be found and when you try to edit the object, it tells you data is missing. We also had to try two times for anything to even show up. If you need access again, let me know as I've disabled that account post your fix (d'oh!)
    0 0 0

Founder
    Blog Entries

Do you have Suhosin installed on your server? If so, please disable it, as it is a likely cause of this problem.
    Fillip Hannisdal

0 0 0

Founder
    Blog Entries

Hello @Patches,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!
    Fillip Hannisdal

0 0 0

Again, my apologies for not following proper process. Susohin is not installed on the server from what I can tell.
    0 0 0

Founder
    Blog Entries

I will need the FTP and AdminCP access restored in order to look into this further.

I'm also in the process of travelling for the holidays, so it may be a few days before I can properly look at this
    Fillip Hannisdal

0 0 0

I'll get you resetup with AdminCP access.

I don't think we ever had you on FTP before, so I'll need to see about setting that up as well.

Sorry for the delay in reply, I too was traveling for the holidays.
    0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information