DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons - Powered by vBulletin

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Newsletter mod is not working

Forum: DragonByte Newsletter Professional Support (Private)

Questions & Answers for DragonByte Newsletter.

Level 19 (10,249 Loyalty Points)

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsActivity Stats

Default Newsletter mod is not working

I purchased the Newsletter pro version of the mod a few months ago. It did not work and you responded to the support ticket then that it was due to an old version of php. We are on php 7 now, and vBulletin 4.2.5 and are as 'upgraded' as we can be. We also moved to a new server host.

When I tested the mod post-upgrades, it still didn't work, but I did find that our email account had not been set correctly on our new server. That has been addressed and I can send emails from the site to members without issue. However, I have not been able to successfully send the Newsletter and have it received by members. I know you also mentioned that users can 'opt out' but since the default is 'opt in' and none of my members even know the newsletter exists (because no one reports ever having gotten it), I don't think permissions are an issue.

Wondering if you would be willing to look at my site and troubleshoot this. It's not the end of the world if I can't get this working, but having spent money on it I'd at least like for it to work so I can decide if it's something I want to send out on an ongpoing basis.

John Jeffries
    0 0 0

Newsletter mod is not working Send PM  

Founder
    Level 0 (0 Loyalty Points)
    Blog Entries

If you go to /newsletter.php?do=test&newsletterid=1 what is the output on the screen?

Please do be aware that if you have installed a .htaccess file that blocks access to the /packages/ directory, you may face problems running this mod.
    Fillip Hannisdal
    Founder & Programming Director
    DragonByte Technologies http://www.DragonByte-Tech.com

Please do not Private Message me with support requests or product questions. PMs are only for exchanging sensitive information (like FTP / AdminCP logins).
    Please do not Private Message me with business related queries (refunds, complaints, feedback, etc). Decado is the person to PM for those issues.
    Please do not Private Message Decado with support requests or forum errors.

When I say "Hotfix Released" it means you should re-download the product and re-upload the files.
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!
    0 0 0

Thanks - I finally got to see what the Newsletter looks like

This is all my htaccess file (I assume you mean the one in the root directory) contains:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^view_(.*).htm$ view.php?pg=$1

Is there anything there that would cause a problem?
    0 0 0

Founder
    Blog Entries

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it
    Fillip Hannisdal
    Founder & Programming Director
    DragonByte Technologies http://www.DragonByte-Tech.com

Please do not Private Message me with support requests or product questions. PMs are only for exchanging sensitive information (like FTP / AdminCP logins).
    Please do not Private Message me with business related queries (refunds, complaints, feedback, etc). Decado is the person to PM for those issues.
    Please do not Private Message Decado with support requests or forum errors.

When I say "Hotfix Released" it means you should re-download the product and re-upload the files.
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!
    0 0 0

PM sent. Thanks in advance for the assistance!
    0 0 0

I finally got it to send - after whitelisting folder files to the mod on our firewall site. Thanks.
    0 0 0

Bot Poster

Hello @jhj8864,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!
    0 0 0

Thread Information