DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons - Powered by vBulletin

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: User unsubscribed but says they still getting emails

Forum: DragonByte Newsletter Professional Support

Questions & Answers for DragonByte Newsletter.

Level 19 (10,387 Loyalty Points)

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsActivity Stats

Default User unsubscribed but says they still getting emails

Hi, I wonder if someone can help. I have had an email from a user who who says they have unsubscribed 3 times but are still getting emails. I can only assume it is the Newsletter subscription, as not sent any emails from VBMail for some time.

How can I verify that a user has successfully unsubscribed from the newsletter? in the AdminCP? When I look in the user's profile there is no tick box to do with newsletters. When I check the config options of the Newsletters there is no list of users. Just wonder where is best to check for this so I can make sure they get no further emails?

Thanks
    Dan.
    Last edited by RedWS600; 2nd December 2015 at 14:39.

2000 Trans-Am WS6 LS1 M6. (The Bat)
    Corsa Cat back, 3.5" dual tips. F.A.S.T LSX Intake / F.A.S.T Fuel rails, Dynatech LT Headers / Y-Pipe / No Cats, Wisper Lid, ported MAF, Racetronix 42lb/hr fuel injectors. Hypertech 160 stat. !AIR, !EGR. Walbro 255, SPEC Stage II Clutch / Flywheel. HPTuners 1BAR SD Tune. Wide Band gauge.
    389RWHP/380RWTQ ([477HP/460TQ]Flywheel) Dyno Dynamics
    More info and photos at:- http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/co...-trans-am.html

Founder
    Level 0 (0 Loyalty Points)
    Blog Entries

If you check the user table, the dbtech_newsletter_receive column will be 1 if they are receiving the newsletter.

The following query can be ran to check the current value:
    Code:
    SELECT dbtech_newsletter_receive FROM user WHERE userid = X
    Replace X with their User ID, and make sure to add your table prefix to the query if you use it.

To update their subscription flag, the following query can be ran:
    Code:
    UPDATE user SET dbtech_newsletter_receive = 0 WHERE userid = X
    As with above; replace X with their User ID, and make sure to add your table prefix to the query if you use it.

Both of these queries can be ran from the Execute SQL Queries maintenance area in vBulletin. You may need to add your user ID to the "canrunqueries" config.php flag if you've never ran queries via the AdminCP before. For security reasons, I recommend removing yourself from this flag after the fact, unless of course you need to run queries often.

Once you've confirmed whether that fixes it for you, I can change this to a Feature Request so that we can add the ability to edit this flag without needing to delve into the database
    Fillip Hannisdal
    Founder & Programming Director
    DragonByte Technologies http://www.DragonByte-Tech.com

Please do not Private Message me with support requests or product questions. PMs are only for exchanging sensitive information (like FTP / AdminCP logins).
    Please do not Private Message me with business related queries (refunds, complaints, feedback, etc). Decado is the person to PM for those issues.
    Please do not Private Message Decado with support requests or forum errors.

When I say "Hotfix Released" it means you should re-download the product and re-upload the files.
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!

Level 19 (10,387 Loyalty Points)

Thanks for the info. I ran the SQL query I can confirm they are set to '0' where others are '1' this is correct.

Thank you, this would be a handy feature in the Newsletter plugin.
    Last edited by RedWS600; 3rd December 2015 at 10:55.

2000 Trans-Am WS6 LS1 M6. (The Bat)
    Corsa Cat back, 3.5" dual tips. F.A.S.T LSX Intake / F.A.S.T Fuel rails, Dynatech LT Headers / Y-Pipe / No Cats, Wisper Lid, ported MAF, Racetronix 42lb/hr fuel injectors. Hypertech 160 stat. !AIR, !EGR. Walbro 255, SPEC Stage II Clutch / Flywheel. HPTuners 1BAR SD Tune. Wide Band gauge.
    389RWHP/380RWTQ ([477HP/460TQ]Flywheel) Dyno Dynamics
    More info and photos at:- http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/co...-trans-am.html

Thread Information