DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons - Powered by vBulletin

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Vbulletin wall formatting and bugs

Forum: Forum Live Feed & User Wall Lite Support

Questions & Answers for Forum Live Feed & User Wall.
Click here to buy!

Level 1 (1,150 Loyalty Points)

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsActivity Stats

Default Vbulletin wall formatting and bugs

Posted on the VB.org forums but was told to post here. Anyway, I'm having a few problems.

Having this problem where if a post comes in live instead of using ' ' marks it displays the whole quote box. If I refresh it's fine:

issues.jpg

Another issue, seems to have trouble with url's in quotes:

more issues.png

Also my links are not blue so they blend into the text, need to know what stylevar to change.
    0 0 0

Vbulletin wall formatting and bugs Send PM  

Also, embedded videos don't show on the feed.
    0 0 0

Founder
    Level 0 (0 Loyalty Points)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
    Posted on the VB.org forums but was told to post here. Anyway, I'm having a few problems.

Having this problem where if a post comes in live instead of using ' ' marks it displays the whole quote box. If I refresh it's fine:

issues.jpg
    Can you please show a screenshot of how it looks after refresh? From what I can tell, the quote box AND the " " are both being shown on that screenshot - exactly as designed.

Another issue, seems to have trouble with url's in quotes:

more issues.png
    There's nothing I can do about that, it's the way vBulletin handles long strings. You can produce this bug all over vBulletin in certain instances, and it's also why they break up strings after approx. 200 characters if no space is found in it already.

Also my links are not blue so they blend into the text, need to know what stylevar to change.
    sidebar_content_link_color / sidebar_content_link_hover_color

Also, embedded videos don't show on the feed.
    I'm unable to replicate this.
    Onq3y.png
    Fillip Hannisdal
    Founder & Programming Director
    DragonByte Technologies http://www.DragonByte-Tech.com

Please do not Private Message me with support requests or product questions. PMs are only for exchanging sensitive information (like FTP / AdminCP logins).
    Please do not Private Message me with business related queries (refunds, complaints, feedback, etc). Decado is the person to PM for those issues.
    Please do not Private Message Decado with support requests or forum errors.

When I say "Hotfix Released" it means you should re-download the product and re-upload the files.
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!
    0 0 0

Quote Originally Posted by Belazor View Post
    Can you please show a screenshot of how it looks after refresh? From what I can tell, the quote box AND the " " are both being shown on that screenshot - exactly as designed.
    You can see it there in the picture, one post has the quote bubble and the other has quotation marks. After refresh, all have the quotation marks instead of the default VB quote block.

There's nothing I can do about that, it's the way vBulletin handles long strings. You can produce this bug all over vBulletin in certain instances, and it's also why they break up strings after approx. 200 characters if no space is found in it already.
    Understood.

sidebar_content_link_color / sidebar_content_link_hover_color
    Thanks, got it. What about on the main feed page not the sidebar? Can't seem to figure out how to do it or change the font.

I'm unable to replicate this.
    Onq3y.png
    Have this issue not on the sidebar but the main forum feed page. Shows youtube link instead of embedded youtube video.
    0 0 0

Founder
    Blog Entries

You can see it there in the picture, one post has the quote bubble and the other has quotation marks. After refresh, all have the quotation marks instead of the default VB quote block.
    I'm unable to replicate this issue here on DBTech, can you please double check?

Thanks, got it. What about on the main feed page not the sidebar?
    That's link_color I believe.

Have this issue not on the sidebar but the main forum feed page. Shows youtube link instead of embedded youtube video.
    I'm also unable to replicate this issue, it even works fine within a quote tag and correctly shows the full-size video (rather than the tiny preview in the sidebar).

You may want to check that you have enabled the VIDEO tag in non-forum areas, via the vBulletin Options.
    Fillip Hannisdal

Please do not Private Message me with support requests or product questions. PMs are only for exchanging sensitive information (like FTP / AdminCP logins).
    Please do not Private Message me with business related queries (refunds, complaints, feedback, etc). Decado is the person to PM for those issues.

When I say "Hotfix Released" it means you should re-download the product and re-upload the files.
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!
    0 0 0

issues.jpg
    I am having this issue also, some the quote bubble shows and others it doesnt.
    0 0 0

Founder
    Blog Entries

If the ending [/quote] tag appears later than the preview cut-off, it cannot be displayed. This is not a bug, and is not something I can "fix" short of disabling and removing all BBCode from the previews.
    Fillip Hannisdal

0 0 0

Thread Information