DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons - Powered by vBulletin

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Forbidden message when saving settings

Forum: DragonByte Security Lite Support

Questions & Answers for DragonByte Security.
Click here to buy!

Level 0 (0 Loyalty Points)
    User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsActivity Stats

Default Forbidden message when saving settings

Hi, I did post this on vB org forums but realised be better to post it here...

I'm getting the following message when I try to change any vBSecurity settings in ACP.
    ----------
    "Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admincp/vbsecurity.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
    ----------

vB 4.2.2 - vBSecurity v1.1.3

Fresh vB install with a hand full of members and forums/post imported from phpbb3

Only other mod installed is DBTech Copyright Management v2.1.1
    Have now disabled both in Manage Products but am still unable to change any settings.

8-)

UPDATE: Just installed vBShout and I'm getting the same Forbidden message when I try to change the settings.
    "Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admincp/vbshout.php on this server."

So I uninstalled vBSecurity and deleted all the files but this hasn't fixed it.

All other vB settings changes work fine, it's only DBTech mods that produce the error.

I've looked for any .htaccess and there's none and checked file permissions which all DBTech .php files are set to 0644 where all other vB .php files on the server are 0600. Tried changing them but it made no difference.

8-/
    0 0 0

Forbidden message when saving settings Send PM  

Founder
    Blog Entries

The most likely cause of this is that you have uploaded the DBTech product files using a different FTP account than you used when uploading the vBulletin files. Different FTP accounts may have different security policies, leading to the CHMOD mismatch.

The file/directory permissions mismatch is the reason why you are receiving this error, and is not a bug in this product nor anything we can assist further with from our end, sorry
    Fillip Hannisdal
    Founder & Programming Director
    DragonByte Technologies http://www.DragonByte-Tech.com

Please do not Private Message me with support requests or product questions. PMs are only for exchanging sensitive information (like FTP / AdminCP logins).
    Please do not Private Message me with business related queries (refunds, complaints, feedback, etc). Decado is the person to PM for those issues.
    Please do not Private Message Decado with support requests or forum errors.

When I say "Hotfix Released" it means you should re-download the product and re-upload the files.
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!
    0 0 0

Quote Originally Posted by Belazor View Post
    The most likely cause of this is that you have uploaded the DBTech product files using a different FTP account than you used when uploading the vBulletin files. Different FTP accounts may have different security policies, leading to the CHMOD mismatch.

The file/directory permissions mismatch is the reason why you are receiving this error, and is not a bug in this product nor anything we can assist further with from our end, sorry
    OK well, I've manually gone through and fixed all permissions.. first thing I did when I noticed them, made no difference.
    I'll uninstall/delete everything and try from scratch, I suspect the incorrect permissions during install may have had some effect.

Dunno what caused the permissions difference, I've used the same FTP client (FileZilla) for many years without issue.

I know it's not a BUG but it was the most appropriate choice out of the 3 choices available, maybe we need a "WT Heck Have I done Wrong?" choice. ;-)

I'm not new to this and I generally double check everything before posting any issues, but I am getting old, so maybe a bit of senility creeping in.

8-)
    0 0 0

Founder
    Blog Entries

Are you sure the vB files and the DBTech product files are being uploaded with the same FTP account as you uploaded your vB forum with? If not, the file permissions will need to be different.

Other than that, I don't believe I have any other advice at this time - I don't know if Apache logs the reason for the permissions error but you could try checking the error_log file just in case
    Fillip Hannisdal

Please do not Private Message me with support requests or product questions. PMs are only for exchanging sensitive information (like FTP / AdminCP logins).
    Please do not Private Message me with business related queries (refunds, complaints, feedback, etc). Decado is the person to PM for those issues.

When I say "Hotfix Released" it means you should re-download the product and re-upload the files.
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!
    0 0 0

Founder
    Blog Entries

As this ticket has received no further replies, I'll close it.

If you have any further questions or issues, please feel free to create a new ticket. Thanks!
    Fillip Hannisdal

0 0 0

Thread Information