DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons - Powered by vBulletin





User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Few issues


Forum: AJAX Threads Lite Support

Questions & Answers for AJAX Threads.
Click here to buy!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Level 0 (0 Loyalty Points)

    User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Few issues

    I've got a few issues I thought I'd address before I'm forced to remove this mod.

    first, it screws up if you're in the quick reply window, takes you away from what you're doing. it complete ignores your actions and simply refreshes, dropping you to the bottom of the thread, which, if you're posting a reply at the time, forces you to go to advanced editing to complete.

    I see a post from Oct 12 where you say it's not something that can be changed, and maybe it's due to it's implementation but this isn't a problem with the live thread mod I used before, so i'm not so sure about that answer. Unfortunately if this is not resolved it alone will be the show stopper for me.

    It double posts frequently,

    most annoying, it for some reason completely loses the first post in the thread.

    It ignores your position and forces you to the last page. You cannot go to any other pages of the thread because it's auto refresh drags you to the end, regardless of what you're doing.

    got to admit, I had high hopes for this, but it's been more frustrating than anything. There's no reason to ever force you to the end of a page, or the last page of the thread. I can't see that ever being something I'd want. that function alone makes it very frustrating, but the fact that it hides the first post in the thread is really confusing.

    There's quite a bit of things it does well, but I'm starting to think the problems out weight the benefits. My users pm me every time there's a live event and we follow a thread about the problems.

    It's a good idea for a mod, but it's implementation seems not well thought out. I don't want to resort to another mod, but based on the problems I don't see how I'm going to have much choice.
    Last edited by mindzipper; 14th April 2013 at 01:31.
    0 0 0
     
    Few issues Send PM  

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Level 5 (3,410 Loyalty Points)
    Steris56's Avatar
    User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    312
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    i installed this the other day and dont have the issues you have explained did you read the manual i bet this is some settings you have to click or un tick or could be server issues

    in meantime waiting for the db team to take care of you read this manual

    Manual / User Guide
    0 0 0
     
    Few issues Send PM  

  3. #3
    Founder
    Level 0 (0 Loyalty Points)
    Belazor's Avatar
    User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, United Kingdom
    Age
    30
    Posts
    27,731
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mindzipper View Post
    first, it screws up if you're in the quick reply window, takes you away from what you're doing. it complete ignores your actions and simply refreshes, dropping you to the bottom of the thread, which, if you're posting a reply at the time, forces you to go to advanced editing to complete.
    Since this mod doesn't hard refresh the page, it won't erase your editor contents.

    Quote Originally Posted by mindzipper View Post
    It double posts frequently,
    It doesn't actually double post - if you refresh the page manually, you'll find the other posts removed. This only happens in a very specific case where if you submit a response within a certain period of 1-2 seconds of the mod manually refreshing, and the forum takes more than that time period to return your new post.

    As you can understand, that's extremely difficult to replicate for something that's a purely visual issue that has no actual impact on the functionality of the mod.

    Quote Originally Posted by mindzipper View Post
    most annoying, it for some reason completely loses the first post in the thread.
    I've been unable to replicate that, can you tell me more about the circumstances and the settings on your forum?

    I need to know if you're using oldest first or newest first, your posts per page and all your AJAX Threads settings.

    Quote Originally Posted by mindzipper View Post
    It ignores your position and forces you to the last page. You cannot go to any other pages of the thread because it's auto refresh drags you to the end, regardless of what you're doing.
    That's most odd, there's explicit code in the mod that disables it on all pages except the last page (or the first page, if you're on Newest First).
    Fillip Hannisdal
    Founder & Programming Director
    DragonByte Technologies http://www.DragonByte-Tech.com


    Please do not Private Message me with support requests or product questions. PMs are only for exchanging sensitive information (like FTP / AdminCP logins).
    Please do not Private Message me with business related queries (refunds, complaints, feedback, etc). Decado is the person to PM for those issues.
    Please do not Private Message Decado with support requests or forum errors.

    When I say "Hotfix Released" it means you should re-download the product and re-upload the files.
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!
    0 0 0
     
    Few issues Send PM  

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Level 0 (0 Loyalty Points)

    User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belazor View Post
    Since this mod doesn't hard refresh the page, it won't erase your editor contents.

    It doesn't actually double post - if you refresh the page manually, you'll find the other posts removed. This only happens in a very specific case where if you submit a response within a certain period of 1-2 seconds of the mod manually refreshing, and the forum takes more than that time period to return your new post.

    As you can understand, that's extremely difficult to replicate for something that's a purely visual issue that has no actual impact on the functionality of the mod.

    I've been unable to replicate that, can you tell me more about the circumstances and the settings on your forum?

    I need to know if you're using oldest first or newest first, your posts per page and all your AJAX Threads settings.

    That's most odd, there's explicit code in the mod that disables it on all pages except the last page (or the first page, if you're on Newest First).
    I'll get back on the forum later tonight and get your answers. Sorry if I sounded frustrated, it was an emotional night during the UFC event lol

    Regarding having to go to advanced to respond, when the page does the AJAX refresh it for some reason makes the quick reply box dissapear. If you try to reply you have to go to the advanced page to finish your post.

    I'll get the rest later, but honestly, if the auto portion that keeps kicking to the last page, and dropping to the bottom of the thread isn't something that can be changed, there's not much need to resolve the other issues. I'll have to go back to the other mod. I just really dont want to have to go that route.

    To see the issues maybe you could jump over to the forum and participate during an event. I remember someone here saying they're also an MMA fan. There's a big event this weekend (Saturday night), maybe I could make a donation and you could visit during the event to see these things happen. Just a thought. it would be easy to test then because during big events we often have 30+ people on a single thread doing constant replies.
    0 0 0
     
    Few issues Send PM  

  5. #5
    Founder
    Level 0 (0 Loyalty Points)
    Belazor's Avatar
    User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, United Kingdom
    Age
    30
    Posts
    27,731
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    The reason why it snaps to the page is because we call vBulletin's "postbit initialisation" code when we refresh a post. This is required to make things like quick edit work. The vBulletin function calls the page snapping, we have no control over it.

    Does the other mod have full support for all vBulletin's JS features even without snapping? If not, then you will have to make a choice between what functionality you want.
    Fillip Hannisdal
    Founder & Programming Director
    DragonByte Technologies http://www.DragonByte-Tech.com


    Please do not Private Message me with support requests or product questions. PMs are only for exchanging sensitive information (like FTP / AdminCP logins).
    Please do not Private Message me with business related queries (refunds, complaints, feedback, etc). Decado is the person to PM for those issues.
    Please do not Private Message Decado with support requests or forum errors.

    When I say "Hotfix Released" it means you should re-download the product and re-upload the files.
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!
    0 0 0
     
    Few issues Send PM  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [vB 4.2.x] A Few Issues
    By CharlieDelta in forum Follow User
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20th January 2013, 23:42
  2. [vB 4.2.x] A few issues
    By Robbed in forum Dragonbyte Gallery Lite Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19th September 2012, 04:46
  3. [vB 3.8.x] Few issues after upgrading to 1.1.2
    By Hybr!d in forum Advanced Post Thanks / Like Lite Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23rd January 2011, 20:04

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.