DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons - Powered by vBulletin

User Tag List

View Poll Results: If DBT sells a mobile skin, do you want to buy it ?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 87.50%
  • No

1 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Mobile Skin

Forum: New Modification Requests / Suggestions

Have a great idea for a new DragonByte product? Post it here, we'd be happy to hear it!

Level 6 (3,773 Loyalty Points)

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsActivity Stats

I've just added a poll here, anyone that likes my idea can vote to my poll
    I love vb optimise

Level 21 (11,496 Loyalty Points)

PC sales are in the toilet, and everywhere I turn, people are staring at their phones. And people are willing to shell out $3 to Tapatalk so they don't have to visit my site with a desktop skin.

That's my evidence of demand. It's a mobile world, fellas.

A DBTech mobile skin with an "Activate in DBTech Mobile Skin?" option for DBTech modifications is my dream.

Level 5 (3,448 Loyalty Points)

Sorry, I haven't noticed this pole.
    To Decado, Belazor and other dbtech staffs,
    believe me, it will be a big blessing to vbulletin world if you can make a mobile theme or mobile version mods. Although only 3 people voted for it, but I am sure most of the vbulletin admins dream it, no matter either they buy it or wait to get a nullified script.

I had started with nullified script of dbtech but now I am using all paid and licnesed mod.

So, I wish dbtech will consider something on this.

Level 6 (3,773 Loyalty Points)

Lightbulb

Maybe Tapatalk is a solution for some boards.
    But for some other boards, tapatalk is not the solution, such as :
    • heavily modified boards that use various addons to enrich user exp (imagine a forum with heavily used vb plaza, thanks hack, etc). these features are not usable on tapatalk as far as i know.
    • adult boards (as far as i know they are not allowed to be listed on tapatalk).
    I love vb optimise

Level 5 (3,282 Loyalty Points)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewsimm84 View Post
    It isn't hard to add reputation and other things into the mobile skin. I have it on mine, if I could put it into a plugin I would post it on .prg. Basically just create the templets needed and copy them from the full site version. Change some css and you have your features. You can do this with some mods as well, for instance I have the 8wayrun media mod running on mobile.
    please do, ive been trying for 4 years to get thanks/likes on my dartho mobile version lol

Level 25 (13,397 Loyalty Points)

The amount of mobile traffic on my site is close to eclipsing non-mobile and continues to grow, so I would be very interested in this if it was ever developed. I might even pay for it to be developed.

Level 7 (4,020 Loyalty Points)

I too am seeing a significant increase in mobile traffic on my forums. Currently it represents around 1/3 of all traffic, and it seems to be increasing every month, so I would not be surprised if it surpasses desktop traffic sometime next year.

Thus the mobile style is getting very important. Unfortunately, though better than nothing, the default mobile style (which I'm using at the moment) is far from optimal. Lacking many features (there isn't even a contact form).

Speed is not my greatest concern as modern mobile devices and connections are getting faster, but the lack of features/functionality on the mobile platform is becoming a big problem.

I would gladly pay for a better mobile style (not really interested in the app that vbulletin produce, I want a good mobile experience for everyone visiting my sites), and I think this could be something where DragonByte could really shine, and something that could extend the life of vBulletin (4) significantly. Currently the lacklustre mobile support is to me the platform's biggest downfall.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information