DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons - Powered by vBulletin

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Gallery plugin - I migrate a large PhotoPost Pro user base?

Forum: Pre-Sales Questions

Have a question regarding our products or services that you need answering before you can buy? Ask it here.

Level 3 (2,399 Loyalty Points)

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsActivity Stats

Default Gallery plugin - Can I migrate a large PhotoPost Pro user base?

I have three vB3.8 forums, each with a fairly large PhotoPost Pro gallery. As PPPro is no longer supported I would like to migrate our users and their photos to the DragonByte gallery plugin if this is suitable. We're currently stuck on PHP 5.5 because of PPPro. The overall aim is to update to PHP 5.6 or even higher, including a move from vB3.8 to vB4 and possibly 5.

Thanks,

Ian
    Last edited by IanB; 16th July 2017 at 17:54. Reason: Corrections
    0 1 0

Gallery plugin - I migrate a large PhotoPost Pro user base? Send PM  

Founder
    Level 0 (0 Loyalty Points)
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

Two things to note:
    1. Our gallery mod does not work on vBulletin 3.x, only 4.x.
    2. We do not have a vB5 version, nor do we have any plans to bring the mod to vB5 - I would strongly recommend avoiding vB5 at all costs if you plan to run custom modifications on your site.

Regarding PHP 5.5, as it is unsupported by The PHP Group it is also strongly recommended to not run such an old version, and we don't officially support it, although I don't see a reason why it won't work. All our mods are compatible with PHP 7.0 and 7.1 as well, which are the currently active and supported PHP versions over @ php.net.

In short, you would first need to upgrade to vB 4.2.5, then import PP Pro into our Gallery mod. We recently released an update that vastly improves the importing process, so I see no reason why the mod would not be suitable as a PP Pro replacement.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions!
    Fillip Hannisdal
    Founder & Programming Director
    DragonByte Technologies http://www.DragonByte-Tech.com

Please do not Private Message me with support requests or product questions. PMs are only for exchanging sensitive information (like FTP / AdminCP logins).
    Please do not Private Message me with business related queries (refunds, complaints, feedback, etc). Decado is the person to PM for those issues.
    Please do not Private Message Decado with support requests or forum errors.

When I say "Hotfix Released" it means you should re-download the product and re-upload the files.
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!
    0 0 0

Quote Originally Posted by Belazor View Post
    Hi there,

Two things to note:
    1. Our gallery mod does not work on vBulletin 3.x, only 4.x.
    2. We do not have a vB5 version, nor do we have any plans to bring the mod to vB5 - I would strongly recommend avoiding vB5 at all costs if you plan to run custom modifications on your site.

Regarding PHP 5.5, as it is unsupported by The PHP Group it is also strongly recommended to not run such an old version, and we don't officially support it, although I don't see a reason why it won't work. All our mods are compatible with PHP 7.0 and 7.1 as well, which are the currently active and supported PHP versions over @ php.net.

In short, you would first need to upgrade to vB 4.2.5, then import PP Pro into our Gallery mod. We recently released an update that vastly improves the importing process, so I see no reason why the mod would not be suitable as a PP Pro replacement.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions!
    Yes, I'm aware that I am in a catch-22 situation and I have warned my users that there will be disruption while we update things.

Updating to vB4 is fine and I am more inclined to do this rather than 5.

Ian
    0 0 0

One other question - as our users have extensively used PPPro for hosting images posted to the forum, I am hoping that the location of these images can remain unchanged after the migration, even if that means keeping a legacy duplicate of all the images up to the point of migration.

Ian

PS Does PPPro have to be functional for the migration to work or does the import only require the database tables?
    Last edited by IanB; 16th July 2017 at 18:48. Reason: Added question
    0 0 0

Founder
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately there's no way to keep the existing PP structure, sorry

Any linked images (or inline attached images) will not function after the import.
    Fillip Hannisdal

Please do not Private Message me with support requests or product questions. PMs are only for exchanging sensitive information (like FTP / AdminCP logins).
    Please do not Private Message me with business related queries (refunds, complaints, feedback, etc). Decado is the person to PM for those issues.

When I say "Hotfix Released" it means you should re-download the product and re-upload the files.
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!
    0 0 0

Can I maintain PPPro but not for new images and simply install the Gallery plugin for use from thereon so that I don't disrupt the forum's posted images?
    0 0 0

I've just paid for three lifetime installations of the Gallery - seeing as you had an incentive about to expire

The PayPal receipt doesn't appear to have a VAT number - can I obtain a VAT invoice?
    0 0 0

Founder
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Can I maintain PPPro but not for new images and simply install the Gallery plugin for use from thereon so that I don't disrupt the forum's posted images?
    I don't see why not

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    I've just paid for three lifetime installations of the Gallery - seeing as you had an incentive about to expire

The PayPal receipt doesn't appear to have a VAT number - can I obtain a VAT invoice?
    Once we can verify your VAT number you will be able to download a VAT invoice from your Client Area. The VIES validation service is down, so your entered VAT number cannot be verified at the time of writing this.
    Fillip Hannisdal

0 0 0

Founder
    Blog Entries

The VAT invoice can be downloaded from here: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/vbec...n=transactions
    Fillip Hannisdal

0 0 0

Looks like I have the VAT invoice thanks.

Can I just verify, if I import users from our PPPro gallery then that alters PPPro, or does this only happen if you import images as well?

I am trying to understand the info that importing from PPPro means "Any linked images (or inline attached images) will not function after the import."

Hopefully that simply means that there is an assumption that PPPro will be removed (manually) after the import has completed.

It now seems that my aim is to continue running PPPro simply to maintain visibility of existing images in the forum that are hosted on PPPro. So it would be disabled for new image uploads.

Ian
    Last edited by IanB; 17th July 2017 at 11:39. Reason: typo
    0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information