Question When doing a new listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcull

Customer
Car Scene! - The Front Page Team Buick V4.2.2

Reading through some of the postings has been helpful:)

One of mine was the short "Subgallery". I found how to correct it, but it may be an idea to set the default to 200, as that seems to work nicely.

My classifieds are pretty basic, for private, not commercial sellers, and the number of options that need to be addressed to post seem overwhelming. Is it possible to hide some of them? The options for appear to be set for Auctions and small item commercial sellers.

Ad options for "New Listing", can "Auction" be turned off and can "Buy-it-Now" be renamed to "For Sale"

Then, each of Buy-it-Now, Auction, and Wanted, could be directed to their own New Listing template so that different options could show for each ad type.

Currency - just set it in your panel and have a US, CDN, EUR or whatever show beside the price text box?
Start Date - Hidden Don't allow the option, all starts would be on posting except auctions
Postage Options - Hidden, this can be negotiated between buyer and seller
Digital Item - Hidden, not a required option
Delivery Time - Hidden, not a required option
Returns - Hidden, not a required option
Payment Processors Options - Hidden, I might like to keep this one on, but it is also one that may be nice to be able to hide

If these options could be hidden from use, I think it would simplify new ad posting a For Sale or Wanted ad.

Maybe all this can already be done and I haven't seen it?!:)

On my sites there is not a great need for all the countries, it just adds confusion. On my first installation I had to delete most of them. Could the "Country Code Manager" have check boxes with a delete to make this fast and easy (and again, it would probably be better to hide them than delete them?

Thanks

Car Scene! - The Front Page Team Buick V4.2.2

Reading through some of the postings has been helpful:)

Glad that they have, and I'm glad to try and help with these questions here. :)

One of mine was the short "Subgallery". I found how to correct it, but it may be an idea to set the default to 200, as that seems to work nicely.

I'll take a look, but we try to make sure that the style is fluid in the default style, and we've got the StyleVars for those of you that want to adjust it. :)

My classifieds are pretty basic, for private, not commercial sellers, and the number of options that need to be addressed to post seem overwhelming. Is it possible to hide some of them? The options for appear to be set for Auctions and small item commercial sellers.

There are quite a few options, everyone has very specific ideas of what they want, so we try to cover those as broadly as we can. The the section in the AdminCP for Manage Forms is a good place to start. Many of the options can be adjusted or given a default answer. It's worth playing around with them to see if that helps reduce the form size for you in the way you want.

Ad options for "New Listing", can "Auction" be turned off and can "Buy-it-Now" be renamed to "For Sale"

Yes, the Auction can be turned off by using the Manage Listing Types in the AdminCP. This is visible on the menu when you are in debug mode, but can be accessed from your main Admin page by something like: /admincp/dbtclassifieds.php?do=listingtypes.

The phrase used for the Buy-it-Now can also be found and changed through that.

Then, each of Buy-it-Now, Auction, and Wanted, could be directed to their own New Listing template so that different options could show for each ad type.

At the moment we don't have it possible to customize the form design as specifically as that, but that looks worth looking into. Can you post a separate thread with the feature request in to do that and I'll see what we can do about improving that side of things. There is a dynamic form construct already in place, but we might be able to improve it a little and when I have time I'll see if it's worth doing that or improving how we put the form together. :)

Currency - just set it in your panel and have a US, CDN, EUR or whatever show beside the price text box?

I like this, can you put a feature request in for it? :)

Start Date - Hidden Don't allow the option, all starts would be on posting except auctions
Postage Options - Hidden, this can be negotiated between buyer and seller
Digital Item - Hidden, not a required option
Delivery Time - Hidden, not a required option
Returns - Hidden, not a required option
Payment Processors Options - Hidden, I might like to keep this one on, but it is also one that may be nice to be able to hide

If these options could be hidden from use, I think it would simplify new ad posting a For Sale or Wanted ad.

Maybe all this can already be done and I haven't seen it?!:)

These are already possible with the Manage Form section above. Some of those options you'll need to set a default option for so that you don't get any errors and the system can deal with correctly putting the right 'blank' data in the database. If you have difficulty getting it setup, post back here and I'll try and talk you through it.

On my sites there is not a great need for all the countries, it just adds confusion. On my first installation I had to delete most of them. Could the "Country Code Manager" have check boxes with a delete to make this fast and easy (and again, it would probably be better to hide them than delete them?

Thanks

This last point I agree with and I'll make sure that's included in the v2 updates. :)

Thanks again for posting the questions and for supporting the product. :)

Mokonzi

I am afraid I am finding the forum manager difficult.

I managed to turn off a few of the required options in the forms, but not all the boxes seem to work.
-Listing Length is set to 30, but the default stays at 10 Day Auction.

Not sure what "Categories" is there for as whatever is chosen for options seems to apply to all categories.

Is there a widget code somewhere for the Vbulletin CMS?

Last edited:
The CMS doesn't have a widget available yet, that's on the cards for v2 at the moment.

If you can send me up to date Admin login info I'll take a look for you. :)

I am afraid I am finding the forum manager difficult.

I managed to turn off a few of the required options in the forms, but not all the boxes seem to work.
-Listing Length is set to 30, but the default stays at 10 Day Auction.

Not sure what "Categories" is there for as whatever is chosen for options seems to apply to all categories.

Is there a widget code somewhere for the Vbulletin CMS?

Just looked at the issue with the Listing Length. This is working as intended, but I think we can improve it slightly. At the moment it won't set a default option when you have the option to select visible. The default option is used for when you hide the listing length. However I think we can look at adding a default option in at some point. :)

Regarding Categories, Specifications and Options it works like this:

Options are added to Specifications. This allows the same option to be used many times for different things (such as a 'Yes/No' combination).

Specifications are then added to whichever Categories need them. For example you might have colours (Options: Pink, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow) added to a Specification called 'Colours'. This is then added to Categories like: Cars, Motorbikes, Boats, Windows.

Does that make sense?

More or less, it sounds like it is something I really don't need, but I will explore it further.

Not too important, but I just did an edit of a listing. In the Form manager, I have "Digital Item" turned to "Never". After doing my edit, I went to preview and got "Your item is marked as not a digital item and requires a postage option, please go back and select a valid postage. Go Back.". Not terribly important, but I suspect that should not have come up.

Something else I would like is a code tidbit that I could place on random pages, or even another domain that would bring up the latest few, or featured ads placed.

Last edited:
I just did a series of tests in Specifications, Options, and Questions. I went to make them all inactive. In Specifications and Options, I used "Toggle Ative Status for All" and clicked "Save Display Order", and they refreshed as inactive.

When I tried to Toggle off in the Questions manager, it doesn't work, it refreshes as Active.

More or less, it sounds like it is something I really don't need, but I will explore it further.

Not too important, but I just did an edit of a listing. In the Form manager, I have "Digital Item" turned to "Never". After doing my edit, I went to preview and got "Your item is marked as not a digital item and requires a postage option, please go back and select a valid postage. Go Back.". Not terribly important, but I suspect that should not have come up.

I'll double check the code, but my suggestion would be to create a postage option, something like "Free Postage" and then use that to avoid your issue with no Postage for now. I'll look at being able to deactivate the postage option completely, or to allow for an automatic save on the page. Can you PM me a link to the item you edited that you had issues with?

Something else I would like is a code tidbit that I could place on random pages, or even another domain that would bring up the latest few, or featured ads placed.

I've something in mind like that. I'll keep you posted.

I just did a series of tests in Specifications, Options, and Questions. I went to make them all inactive. In Specifications and Options, I used "Toggle Ative Status for All" and clicked "Save Display Order", and they refreshed as inactive.

When I tried to Toggle off in the Questions manager, it doesn't work, it refreshes as Active.

I'll check to see what the problem is. For now manually edit them and on each question set it as inactive and save.

Hope I don't drive you too crazy:), but when using the "Animated Scrolling, it might be nice to be able to adjust the refresh rate. Myself, I think I would like to slow it down.

I was just looking at a listing that expired. It shows that it was only available for 10 days, the default that was showing. I am certain that the poster would have wanted it up for a longer period. When I attempt to edit it, I go to "Manage Listings". I bring up the listing "Editing Listing". Under "Listing's Active Dates", there does not seem to be a way of changing them, or a way of relisting it with any or another time period.

Last edited:

Did you mean the Questions manager? You don't have any that I can see on your site. Specifications, Categories and Options works fine though.

Hope I don't drive you too crazy:), but when using the "Animated Scrolling, it might be nice to be able to adjust the refresh rate. Myself, I think I would like to slow it down.

Nice idea, I'll have a look if we can get that done for you. :)

Holy, we must have both been here at almost the same time there, I edited my last posting and your response appeared:)

No, I do not have any questions on the site. I was just playing with some of the options and found that problem. If I go to "Manage Questions", I can create a question successfully. If I don't want it active, it will not click off. It refreshes with the question checked regardless of how I do it. I have deleted the question. I may not use this feature, but I thought you might like to be aware of it.

Thanks

I was just looking at a listing that expired. It shows that it was only available for 10 days, the default that was showing. I am certain that the poster would have wanted it up for a longer period. When I attempt to edit it, I go to "Manage Listings". I bring up the listing "Editing Listing". Under "Listing's Active Dates", there does not seem to be a way of changing them, or a way of relisting it with any or another time period.

It can't be added to until the listing has ended, when it can be relisted for a different length of time.

Holy, we must have both been here at almost the same time there, I edited my last posting and your response appeared:)

No, I do not have any questions on the site. I was just playing with some of the options and found that problem. If I go to "Manage Questions", I can create a question successfully. If I don't want it active, it will not click off. It refreshes with the question checked regardless of how I do it. I have deleted the question. I may not use this feature, but I thought you might like to be aware of it.

Thanks

I'll check it out on my dev install and see if I can fix it. Thanks for reporting it to me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Classifieds

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
Mokonzi
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back