Status
Not open for further replies.

dvsDave

Customer
Is there anyway to use this in private messages and just exclude the code that lists the mentions to the mentioned user? (since it IS a private message!)

Not currently, no, but we may look into adding additional forum areas to the checking code in the future :)

Please do! My users aren't happy they can't use this in their PMs! A feature should be consistent across the site. At this time I would also ask if you could enable this in the blogs feature as well (if it isn't already)

It's currently only enabled in posts (and thus, threads).

Why do your users want to mention in PMs? I don't understand why you'd want to alert someone to a PM, considering there's already plenty of alerts for new PMs...

I do NET want there to be a notification for mentions in a private message. Hence my request:
Is there anyway to use this in private messages and just exclude the code that lists the mentions to the mentioned user?

Basically my users like the @username syntax and they want it to be consistent throughout the site.

For example, if my moderators see someone advertising their products on a thread instead of buying advertising from me, they can send a PM to the effect of "hey, I pulled your message because it was advertising. If you would like to advertise, please contact the site admin, @dvsDave "

I know you don't want there to be a notification, but the reason why the mention feature was created was to alert users to a specific post.
That's why I asked, tis all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.