Question Per-Thread Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahw

Customer
Hi there!

The documentation for the Pro version states: "Per-thread ability for administrators with the "Manager" permission to override forum / usergroup settings and either enable or disable automatic updates"

However, I can't seem to determine where to enable/disable auto updates for any given thread. I have set my Admin usergroup up as a manager.

Thank you!

Thank you, Fillip! I was looking for it in the Administrative dropdown itself.

Would you mind sending me a screenshot of what I should see now that I'm on the Edit screen? I can see in there that there are two Options, but something is wrong with my language tables, apparently, and I know there should be text next to the boxes, but it's missing:

AjaxThreads.jpg

(this has arisen for me a few times, so I know it's not the plugin or plugin installation ... but if I know what it SHOULD say, I'll either hard-code the phrase or just make a point of remembering).

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the hassle!

I think I found it in phrases --

Checkbox #1: Automatically Refresh Thread
Checkbox #2: Override Forum / Usergroup Automatic Update Permissions?

Is that right?

Right now, every thread I peeked in on had Box #1 checked, I assume because I have the plugin enabled forum-wide. However (according to the way I set it up), the auto-updates don't kick in until a thread has 30 posts.

What is the effect of checking box #2?

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:
That's correct :)

Box 2 determines whether the usergroup permissions and the per-forum settings configured in the AdminCP are respected. If unticked, and the forum has auto-updates disabled, box 1 has no effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy AJAX Threads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back