Legacy Option for login

Status
Not open for further replies.

weave

Any chance you can add the option to let the user decide if they want this to always be on? IPs change from time to time (some more than others) and it would be nice to have the option so always use 2FA if the user wants it! I can appreciate the "trusted computer" approach but having that other option would be nice.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Can you please be more specific as to what alternative to simple IP address authorisation you're requesting? I'm not sure I follow.

Can you please be more specific as to what alternative to simple IP address authorisation you're requesting? I'm not sure I follow.

Right now, once I use the authenticator it saves my IP and never makes me use 2FA again. I want the option to chose if I want it to save that, or always prompt me for my code.

If you want to see a sample, enable 2FA on a GMAIL account. This is what you get after username and password.

Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 8.47.44 AM.png

If I never check that box, I always get asked for my 2FA code.

Ah, so you mean you want an option to only require authentication on login, so that if your IP address changes while you're logged in, you won't get asked again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back