Not open for further replies.

smf

Customer
I'm going through the phrases and am noticing things like:

"can nominate"

"can unnominate"

"can view who nominated"

"can unnominate others"

The ONLY option I see in the control panel under usergroup permissions is "can nominate". Where are the rest of the settings?

And where is the main page? I tried navigating to /vbnominate.php but it says "an id is missing", so I can only view specific nominations via that page, ie, /vbnominate.php?id=2. I guess I'm curious if there's suppose to be a main page, because there's also a text box in the control panel where you can edit some kind of "main page welcome message".

Also, how can I show a different button, or different text, after a thread has ALREADY been nominated. I don't like that the button/link just disappears.

Is there an if/else conditional somewhere in the templates where I can manually add some content? ie if canNominate > show nominate link > else show already nominated text/image. Does anything to that effect happen that I can work with?

Particularly when the ability to nominate multiple times is set to NO.

Last edited:
Sorry, I've pointed Dylan at this thread but it looks like he hasn't had a chance to look at it yet.

I'll bring out the cattle prod and the bear trap and try again :)

Another issue, missing poll options.

When a new poll is posted, just a single radio button was availble (with no text beside it btw, I would presume the title of the thread nominated for the poll should be there).

So that's not working. Unless if has something to do with there being a "tie" in the finalists... because there were, if that's relevant.

Looking forward to some faster support as I have purchased the paid versions of your products.

Sorry about this, Dylan is quite busy with his day job these days. I have no knowledge of this product as I was not involved in the development process, but I will attempt to assist you to the best of my abilities. Please forgive my lack of direct answers or ready solutions :(

The ONLY option I see in the control panel under usergroup permissions is "can nominate". Where are the rest of the settings?
These appear to be pre-generated phrases for functionality not yet implemented.

And where is the main page? I tried navigating to /vbnominate.php but it says "an id is missing", so I can only view specific nominations via that page, ie, /vbnominate.php?id=2. I guess I'm curious if there's suppose to be a main page, because there's also a text box in the control panel where you can edit some kind of "main page welcome message".
This, too, appears to be a Not Yet Implemented functionality, because it's currently intended to only be possible to view a direct ID at this time.

Also, how can I show a different button, or different text, after a thread has ALREADY been nominated. I don't like that the button/link just disappears.

Is there an if/else conditional somewhere in the templates where I can manually add some content? ie if canNominate > show nominate link > else show already nominated text/image. Does anything to that effect happen that I can work with?

Particularly when the ability to nominate multiple times is set to NO.
I don't believe this is possible at this time without some more extensive modifications.

Another issue, missing poll options.

When a new poll is posted, just a single radio button was availble (with no text beside it btw, I would presume the title of the thread nominated for the poll should be there).

So that's not working. Unless if has something to do with there being a "tie" in the finalists... because there were, if that's relevant.
Could you re-test it with a poll that has a clear winner?

Sorry about the lack of support on this. Like Fillip H. said, we would have to do a lot of template and code modification to make it show an image/text when the vote is completed. If you want you can add it in a new thread as a feature request since it's a good idea.

As far as the messed up poll, were there only two nominations tied or more? Do you know how many nominations they had? I'll try and test it out on my local database to see if I can replicate the problem.

Just 2 tied nominations.

Top thread had 3 nominations, the following two threads had 2 nominations, and a few others with only 1.

The poll was set to select 3 finalists.

It worked fine without a tie.

Any update on your ability to replicate this issue Dylan?

Also, i submitted a support ticket regarding the slider over a week ago and never heard back.

I responded to your support query regarding the slider less than 2 hours after you posted it, I'm not entirely sure what you mean when you say you never heard back?

I never got an email or any notification here on the forum. I don't even know where the support ticket is located since I submitted it. When I submitted it, looked to me like it went to some kind of "username change" forum...

I never got an email or any notification here on the forum.
You can subscribe to receive email notifications the same way you do any thread on any vBulletin forum :)

I don't even know where the support ticket is located since I submitted it.
You received an email confirming your ticket submission with a direct link to the ticket after creating it :)

When I submitted it, looked to me like it went to some kind of "username change" forum...
The ticket will be posted in that forum if you do not correctly select the product from the drop-down. Certain browsers will go to the last entry in the drop-down menu if you don't use the left mouse button to confirm your selection once you have chosen your forum (e.g. if you use the keyboard to select the relevant entry).

As I mentioned I did not receive an email confirming the ticket with a link to it, therefore I cannot access it.

I'm sorry, I'm having troubles replicating the issue. I created a nomination and added 3 votes for one item, 2 votes for 2 other items and a few others with 1 vote. I ended the nomination and it created a thread and a poll with all the correct items. What type of nomination was it? The one I was testing with was an All type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBNominate

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back