Question General questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

stromb0li

Customer
I purchased DragonByte eCommerce and have a few quick questions:

1. Is there a way to enable/disable product reviews per product vs for all?
2. Is there a way to have time based user upgrades instead of permanent? I.e. when a customer purchases an item, it puts them in a group for a year then removes after the year?
3. Is there a way to restrict a purchase based on the members birthday? I.e only allow purchases for those 18 or older?
--Scenario, we'd like to offer variants based on member's age. I.e. if 13-18, then I'm eligible for a youth purchase; if 18 or older then I'm adult price; etc.
4. Is there a way to have a dependent purchase? I.e. if purchase A is made, then I'm eligible to purchase product B and/or C?
5. For coupons, is there a way to restrict use to a specific user (i.e. one-time promo code).
6. How do I change the url used by the add-on from dbtech-ecommerce to something shorter like store?

Thank you!

Last edited:
1. Is there a way to enable/disable product reviews per product vs for all?
You will need to go to the AdminCP -> Products -> Permissions -> Registered -> "Review products": Never for each product to disable reviews for.

This assumes you are using a sane user group structure where everyone has "Registered" as their user group and any additional entitlements are gained by secondary user groups. If this is not true for your setup, you'll need to set that permission for any user group you use as "base".

2. Is there a way to have time based user upgrades instead of permanent? I.e. when a customer purchases an item, it puts them in a group for a year then removes after the year?
Digital downloads (Licenses) allow you to set temporary user group changes that expire when the license expires. There are no such options for any other product type.

3. Is there a way to restrict a purchase based on the members birthday? I.e only allow purchases for those 18 or older?
Yes, you can use secondary user groups for this. In the global user group permissions, set "Purchase products" to No and create a secondary user group for those over the age of 18. You will need to manually award this secondary user group, however, as the "User group promotions" feature in XenForo does not allow you to check someone's age, as far as I can tell.

4. Is there a way to have a dependent purchase? I.e. if purchase A is made, then I'm eligible to purchase product B and/or C?
Only if B and/or C are add-on products to A. If they are fully independent products, then no, not without a terribly complex secondary user group structure.

5. For coupons, is there a way to restrict use to a specific user (i.e. one-time promo code).
Yes. Click the "Permissions" link in the coupon list, tick "Private Coupon" and click Save, then configure the "Users with permissions set" to allow specific users to use the coupon.

6. How do I change the url used by the add-on from dbtech-ecommerce to something shorter like store?
Use the "Route filter" option in XenForo.

Hello @stromb0li,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte eCommerce has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @stromb0li,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte eCommerce has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.