Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenacious D

Customer
Please see the attached image:
postbit no boxes1.jpg

In the area outlined in RED:

1. How do I get the two items in each category to appear as a single line entry, and with a preceding colon?

They now (incorrectly) appear as:

Last Post Date
01/01/2011

I want them to appear as:
Last Post Date: 01/01/2011

2. How can these be enclosed in boxes (i.e. which template, what section, etc.)?

Last edited:
1. Could you please view that tab again in the default (unmodified) skin? I'm reasonably sure it's the skin that's doing it, which means you'll need to contact your skin developer as I wouldn't know how to fix that.

2. the tabwrapper and viewwrapper templates under Postbit Tabs Templates are the ones you should be looking at. It's not really possible to give any more detailed instructions than that, since each skin has its own way of adding boxes, plus it falls under customisation to our products so we've got a pretty "hands off" approach to that (so as to not get swamped with customisation requests from multiple people). I'm always happy to point you (or anyone else) in the right direction, though :)

No, I'm not using a custom template, but I think I figured it out. This seems to have worked:

Original code (remove or replaced RED):
<vb:if condition="$post['field2']"><div class="eti_postbit"><dt>{vb:rawphrase location_perm}</dt> <dd>{vb:raw post.field2}</dd></div></vb:if>

Changed it to (added or changed to GREEN):
<vb:if condition="$post['field2']"><div class="eti_postbit"><dt>{vb:rawphrase location_perm}: {vb:raw post.field2}</dt></div></vb:if>

---------- Post added at 11:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

I've fixed the double-line (where the category name appears one the line above the subsequent data) for everything except the "credit" field.

As its listed as a hook in my "View" field, I'm not sure where to make its adjustment, or how (i.e. my previously described "fix", described above, cannot be applied).

Here's how it is currently configured in my "View" field (wrapped in boxes via the eti_postbit clause):
<div class="eti_postbit">{vb:raw template_hook.dbtech_userinfo_right_after_posts}</div>

And this causes a couple of things to occur:

1. It appears in the postbit in the same "double-line" fashion, such as:
Credits

How do I make it appear as: "Credits: 210", (i.e. what changes to make, and where)?

2. Both the word "Credit" and the "Amount / Total" (in this example, 210) are hyperlinked, which is different from your postbit, where only the total is treated as such.

How do I remove the hyperlink from the category name, in this example, the word, "Credits"?

Your previously described fixes can't be applied to code that's automatically added by other mods (f.ex. vBActivity) because your skin is the only skin in the history of vBulletin 4 that does not automatically add the colons at the end of the <dt> tag, and it also provides auto-alignment (as seen here on this forum) so it's not possible for us to apply it to the other mods.

I suppose you could technically edit the files used by those other mods, but that's edits that'd be undone by every update.

If you wish to do this, you can edit the /dbtech/X/hooks/postbit_display_complete.php files (where X is the name of the mod) and look for POSTBITTABS::registerView near the middle or bottom of the file in question.

I don't actually know how to do the edits for vBCredits, I shall summon John to this thread so he can answer it for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Postbit Tabs

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back