• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWS600

Customer
Been testing the bounce email collection in the scheduled taskes

DragonByte Tech: vBMail - Collect Bounced Mail

Fatal error: Could not open the connection to the mailbox, please check your configuration.
Connection failed to 78.129.137.211,143: Connection timed out in [path]/dbtech/vbmail/includes/class_imap.php on line 99
#0 vb_error_handler(256, Could not open the connection to the mailbox, please check your configuration.
Connection failed to 78.129.137.211,143: Connection timed out.

I've created the IMAP connection in Outlook with the same settings I have popped into the 'bounce mail settings' just for a test. Its all connecting fine.

I've followed the tips in DragonByte Tech vBMail Documentation like changing the IMAP server from smtp.solent-renegades.co.uk to an IP address. Also the username removing the '@' and replacing with '+' changed the Inbox to lower case, upper and lower and all caps.

I cant think what else I can test, which is why I popped on here, in hope someone can point me in the correct direction.

Dan.

Are you sure your IMAP server runs on port 143? Could it be requiring SSL?

The account login info is not at fault, as your server is refusing the connection even before that point.

Okay, think I have made some progress after reading your response. The emails are held on my old web server, for some reason the new web server cant access the old web servers emails. Some people have email accounts on the old server which is why they weren't all moved.

I will get all accounts moved to the new server. I created an IMAP account on the new web server, and VBMail can access that. :)

Thanks for your fast response. Is there any time you are not online... lol.

Turned out to be DNS issue, Accessing mail.solnet-renegades.co.uk from the webserver had a different IP address to where I accessed the same address from home.
All sorted and working now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBMail

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings