Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
There may be a conflict with DBSEO and Tapatalk.

I came across an error when trying the latest version of Tapatalk for vb4 - version 4.8.1.

Code:
Server error occurred: 'require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') (get_config.php:44)'

When searching for a solution to this error I came across this post:

https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/file-not-found-problem.21495/

Which coincidentally is also a DBSEO beta tester. I'm not one to believe in coincidences so I figured my first move was to disable DBSEO and recheck. So, I disabled DBSEO (enabled vbSEO) and the error went away.

I was also able to get the error to disappear with DBSEO active by adding chdir above the line that was producing the error:

Code:
chdir ('./forum');
require_once('./global.php');

I didn't have time for much more testing but I don't believe that solved all the issues with Tapatalk with DBSEO running (there are additional Tapatalk files that make calls to global.php the same way) but it did solve that first error and allowed tapatalk to at least reconnect to the forum.

I know DBTECH also uses (or used) Tapatalk - but it is also currently broken and giving errors, maybe for these same reasons.

Last edited:
Our error was just due to me forgetting to import the XML file after upgrading to 4.8.1 of Tapatalk.

Can you please re-install it and try again? I've applied a hotfix to your forum that may resolve this, but I can't find any trace of Tapatalk on your forum so I have no way of testing it.

Can you please re-install it and try again? I've applied a hotfix to your forum that may resolve this, but I can't find any trace of Tapatalk on your forum so I have no way of testing it.

Tried again and I'm getting the same error. Did a little further testing and came up with this... I can get the error to go away just by changing the .htaccess. With vbSEO in the .htaccess no errors, with dbseo in it errors - doesn't seem to matter if either of the programs are enabled or disabled (I could be wrong but that appeared to be what I was seeing).

Let me know if you need access to my Tapatalk account. I left the mod installed and enabled. You'll notice one plugin (Tapatalk: Add Tapatalk detect JS) disabled though, please leave it disabled. This currently stops the mobile welcome screen, aka the harassing "Install Tapatalk" message from popping up to mobile users daily.

They just added an option to "disable the mobile welcome screen" in Tapatalk (in Tapatalk version 4.8.1), but of course it doesn't seem to work yet.

tapatalk.jpg

My users were complaining about the harassing "Welcome, Install Tapatalk!" popup coming up daily so awhile ago I began leaving that plugin disabled.

For those of us that have more than the forums on our sites, like DBTECH does. Having mobile users almost being forced towards using the Tapatalk app with that constant popup can be a revenue killer. I know when I started disabling the plugin mentioned above revenue went up noticeably. The only time I really want users using Tapatalk is if they are already in the Tapatalk app, otherwise I'd prefer them using the full site even if they are on a mobile or tablet device. Just figured I'd give you a heads up because I noticed the Tapatalk welcome message is now appearing on DBTech for mobile users.

I've edited the .htaccess on your forum and I am now able to browse Tapatalk on your forum :)

Thanks for the heads up on the banner, I've disabled the setting and I'll keep an eye out for future versions that fixes the issues with it :)

mobiquo (or whatever you renamed the directory to, if you did so) needs to be a part of the following block in your .htaccess file:
Code:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|dbseocp/|modcp/|cron|mobiquo|forumrunner|api\.php)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ dbseo.php [L,QSA]

I had an issue with one of the two Tapatalk apps where it would be stuck on loading, whereas the other one worked. I don't know which is which, sadly. They appear to have all but removed the distinction between the old "v1" and the new "v2" apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.