Question Advanced Registration Pro v2.0.6 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolimitreef

Customer
1) We purchased and installed the pro version yesterday. Upon testing some input fields were missing that the plugin called for so it would not allow to continue registration. When installation completed it showed Field Management and those fields were listed. But on the registration form it showed only a colon : on each line with no title or input box. Plus the Invite field was not on the registration page. I can no longer find Field Management in ACP.... How do I fix this?

2) I want to edit the Terms Of Use statement and can't find where to do so.

3) I also can't find where to set Force Redirect options.

4) Are there any instruction on how to use/edit this plugin anywhere? If so can you please point me in the correct direction?

5) Am I blind or is there no drop down in the ACP for options like other products such as Classifieds?

I believe at one time there was a LITE version installed on the site. Could this have caused the issues? Should I completely uninstall and delete the files and start over?

Thank you

Can someone please answer my question? Our site is not able to register members as I had to disable it.
Thank you

First of all, you should set yourself to Super Administrators in config.php and/or grant yourself the Can Administer Registration permissions so you can modify the options of this mod.

Once that's done, familiarise yourself with the settings pages, and see if the rest of your issues can be resolved that way :)

Thank you for answering. I am set as super administrator in config.php. All I see is Settings/Options/ the general settings, invite setting and verify email settings. That's it. None of that helps with my issue of the missing fields being called. Also, this is supposed to be the Pro version and I don't see any settings for setting up the page redirects for guests.

***There are only 2 of us set as super admin in config.php and I am one of them. I have set up DBTech Advanced User Tagging , Classifieds and a few other DBTech mods without issues until now.

Is there supposed to be a dropdown setting menu in the left column in the ACP like there is for user tagging and classifieds? If so, there isn't one.

Last edited:
Are you using a 3rd party ACP menu enhancement product? I remember there being such a product, that allowed you to re-order the ACP menu entries and hide ones you didn't want to see.

No I don't believe so. We had vbadvance but it was disabled when the vb 4.2.2. upgraded to 4.2.2 pl4

Edit: Looked through the plugins:
In the admin cp under Plugin & Products System/Manage Products it does not show that vbadvance is installed however, under Plugin & Products System/Plugin Manager it shows Product : adv_cmps (I'm not certain this is a part of vbadvanced though) with many sub items.

I personally did not originally install vBadvance my previous partner-co owner did and all was working fine until the vb patch level 4 was implemented. At that point VB said that it was incompatible and it disabled the vBa plugin. I believe it then was uninstalled but the files are still there (and it seems so are some of its operations-maybe not). Regardless, would vba cause this issue with dbtech advanced registration? If we paid you to install it yourself would you be able to find the issue and get it running correctly?

Last edited:
Made installation payment and sent you a pm with site details. Thank you :) If there is anything you need please let me know

I've reinstalled the mod (as it wasn't installed at the time) and the menu item shows up just fine, as do the fields.

Do let me know if there are any further issues with the installation (preferably before revoking the details) and I'll look into it as soon as I can :)

I have one thing that I am not sure how it's happening. When someone clicks on a link from one of our FB groups and get the registration page (email required 1st) it asks twice for the email and it's confusing people. We do have FB Connect and mostly it works ok. But I am wondering if this could be causing it? It's as if it didn't save the email from the first attempt. But then they can click though and no account is created.

Currently, if you enable the option to verify emails prior to registration, it will still ask you for an email during the normal sign-up process. This is working as intended.

Ok. But, they just input their email a second time (it doesn't carry over to the registration form) but then required fields are not forced for FB members and they can actually click through without adding any other info so it doesn't register them. Hmmm. So I am also thinking that connect is being ignored to pass their FB info into the registration process as well even though in connect options it is requested to do so.....

About email 1st... Isn't this necessary to use to keep the bots from spam registering or am I mistaken? If so I will change that.

EDIT: I turned of verify email first.

About making guests register... I set that up for the first entry to the site, but how to do that for example; the 5th page they come to also or if they hit a certain thread or forum?

EDIT: I don't want forced registration on every page a unregistered guest comes to, only some. How do I fix this?

I also would like to know where to go to change the forum rules text? Due to the nature of our forum we need more detailed rules they have to agree to since some members sell live coral is on the site and is illegal in some locations. (we have to cover our butts from the start)

How to add "invite" email to registration form?

Thanks, Jackie

Last edited:
About making guests register... I set that up for the first entry to the site, but how to do that for example; the 5th page they come to also or if they hit a certain thread or forum?
Sorry, I don't understand the question, could you re-phrase plea

EDIT: I don't want forced registration on every page a unregistered guest comes to, only some. How do I fix this?
What pages are unaccessible to guests is controlled by the permissions of whatever page they're viewing. It's not controlled by this mod.

I also would like to know where to go to change the forum rules text? Due to the nature of our forum we need more detailed rules they have to agree to since some members sell live coral is on the site and is illegal in some locations. (we have to cover our butts from the start)
Search for the varname forum_rules in the vBulletin Phrase Manager.

How to add "invite" email to registration form?
What do you mean by "invite" email?

Sorry, I don't understand the question, could you re-phrase plea

What pages are unaccessible to guests is controlled by the permissions of whatever page they're viewing. It's not controlled by this mod.

Search for the varname forum_rules in the vBulletin Phrase Manager.

What do you mean by "invite" email?

OK, I figured out the first 2 items.

Thank you on #3 it was driving me crazy lol and I got it fixed :)

#4) From what we understood by the sales information and demo pictures on Advanced Registration is that a person who is in the process of registering can also "invite" a friend as well during the process. Plus there are some invite settings. I am just not sure how to set it up for a registering member to do so. Also how do current members "Invite" ? Are we missing something to do this?

No, there is no feature to also invite someone during registration. The invitation issue has been addressed in your other thread :)

I'll close this ticket now, since it's a little bit difficult for me to keep up with the same question being posted in multiple tickets :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Registration

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back