Not planned Add BBCode to embed donation drive widget in threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick7C2

Customer
Hello,

I'm in need of a donation addon and after looking at the features for DBTech Donate it's almost perfect for what I need.

I only require a BBCode to embed specific donation drives in threads.

Something like...
[donate]{DonationDriveID}[/donate]

On second thought maybe you could make a new addon that allows you to embed widgets in threads. This way it would work for any widget and not just DBTech Donate.

If there is already a way to do this please let me know so I can purchase this addon.

Thanks,
Rick

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
In XF2, you are able to deploy a widget that you can optionally set to only include specific donation drives. As per the description in the Widget system in XF2:

Widgets with no position will not appear anywhere, but you can call the configured widget instance directly in templates using the <xf:widget key="widget_key" /> syntax.

In other words, if you create a donation drive widget with a widget key widget_key, you can then modify any template you want and insert <xf:widget key="widget_key" />.

You can limit this template edit to specific threads by wrapping the template in an <xf:if> block.

Hello @Rick7C2,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Donate has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back