DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons - Powered by vBulletin

DragonByte Tech Proudly Hosted By Hivelocity.net
Custom Fitted Forum Hosting from Hivelocity

User Tag List

Thread: Main Page Menu bars clean up?

Forum: Website / Company Feedback & Suggestions

Have something to tell us? A suggestion on how to make us improve our site or your experience using it? Post it here, we'd be happy to hear it!

Level 11 (6,156 Loyalty Points)
    Total Contributions For

Drahnier      $ 0.00
    Gil
    542 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Total Downloaded
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards Activity Stats
    Credits

Default Main Page Menu bars clean up?

I know you're running a massive amount of addons in order to preview your own products but frankly you guys need to figure out a way to make your menu bars a tad more palatable most of the time what I'm looking at looks like this http://i.imgur.com/PpwTx.png (I usually jut have my browser over about 60% of my screen), but even fullscreen over 1920x1080 is a bit messy http://i.imgur.com/APKg4.png

for one thing the "whats new" button moves depending on what I mouse over, the blogs button seems to not fit in where it is and can't be clicked on, it took me having been a user here for a while to not simply stare dumbfounded/confused, I think if you cleaned this up you might get a few more customers as first impresions are important.

Perhaps you could even develop a mod that can handle overcrowding, perhaps split core features that are actually used on your site from Demonstrations of your Mods that are barely used on here with two tabs in a similar fashion to what you do here http://i.imgur.com/lCzsB.png

it doesn't bother me anymore but I can't help but think that it doesn't look particularly proffesional and could lose you a few potential customers.
    I know you're perfectly aware of all this but it'd been on my mind for too long and I had to make a thread

Managing Director
    Level 0 (382 Loyalty Points)
    Total Contributions For

Decado Points for Visitor Messages (Given)      $ 0.00
    Gil
    10,855 (101,921 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Total Downloaded
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards Activity Stats
    Blog Entries
    Credits

We're actually looking into the best way to make it so there will be a primary site where support and purchasing is handled that only has the mods it needs, and a second site used for demoing/testing the mods with the same userbase etc so people don't need to create a second account

Cheers for the feedback, it's appreciated (as you can tell by the fact we're acting on it :P)

Iain
    Iain Kidd
    Founder & Managing Director
    DragonByte Technologies Ltd www.DragonByte-Tech.com
    Likes Drahnier liked this post
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!

Thread Information