DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons - Powered by vBulletin

DragonByte Tech Proudly Hosted By Hivelocity.net
Custom Fitted Forum Hosting from Hivelocity

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: User Threads v1.0.0 (Beta) Released

Forum: News Discussion

Discussion threads for news announcements will be auto-posted within.

Level 1 (1,305 Loyalty Points)
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    1,674 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards Activity Stats
    Credits

If I can choose, per forum (and per usergroup in this forum).

In this way I could allow my users to open only x threads in that special forum where they could moderate their threads. If it would be global setting, it might prevent them from opening new threads.

Development Team
    Level 4 (2,729 Loyalty Points)
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    8,915 (33,048 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Blog Entries
    Credits

I'm not sure if you are putting out an idea, or a problem.

But as it works (or is currently intended to work ):

The permissions you pick for per forum and per usergroup affect only if that usergroup has moderating rights/permissions for their own threads. All other permissions are respected. So if you have selected that a usergroup can't start a thread in a particular forum, this mod will not overwrite the permissions for that.

Hope that helps answer your question.
    Mokonzi
    DragonByte Tech Manual and Documentation Writer
    www.thexuniverse.com
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!

Level 2 (1,610 Loyalty Points)
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    2,673 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Blog Entries
    Credits

correct me if i'm wrong but couldn't you do this all without this mod by just making a new usergroup and setting permissions to allow thread deletion etc etc? and when you make new forums you can set usergroupd permissions in that forum....unless this is just to make it a little more easier and quicker perhaps?
    Please do NOT PM me for Support, Ask for support in the relevant forums.
    I no longer work for DB-Tech and cannot help with any questions or problems, please contact a member of the DB-Tech team for information on products and support. Any support i do give is unofficial. Should you need help with any of my work i've done on these forums then feel free to PM me and i'll do my best to help.

Admin of Panther Products

Total Downloaded
    Gil
    1,674 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Mokonzi View Post
    But as it works (or is currently intended to work ):

The permissions you pick for per forum and per usergroup affect only if that usergroup has moderating rights/permissions for their own threads. All other permissions are respected. So if you have selected that a usergroup can't start a thread in a particular forum, this mod will not overwrite the permissions for that.

Hope that helps answer your question.
    Yes, this solves my worries.

I still would prefer permissions per forum, but in light version for example you could allow only global settings.

Only problem is, how mod will decide what threads get privileged status? I mean, in case it's enabled globally (i.e. he can moderate every thread user starts). Maybe if user gets option to choose if this thread is to be moderated by him, in case if there's global limit? Just thinking about it, not that you need to do it in this way.

If it's a problem to have a limit on User threads, just forget it.

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neo_Angelo View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong but couldn't you do this all without this mod by just making a new usergroup and setting permissions to allow thread deletion etc etc? and when you make new forums you can set usergroupd permissions in that forum....unless this is just to make it a little more easier and quicker perhaps?
    You're wrong here.

Moderating rights are given by designating someone to be a moderator of certain forum. Usergroups don't have anything with this, it's done on user (and forum) level, not usergroup level.

Of course, supermoderators and admins are special designation for usergroup and they moderate all forums they can see (as you can block them from seeing certain forums).

We need this mod if we want our users to moderate their threads.

Development Team
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    8,915 (33,048 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Blog Entries
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_SP View Post
    I still would prefer permissions per forum, but in light version for example you could allow only global settings.

Only problem is, how mod will decide what threads get privileged status? I mean, in case it's enabled globally (i.e. he can moderate every thread user starts). Maybe if user gets option to choose if this thread is to be moderated by him, in case if there's global limit? Just thinking about it, not that you need to do it in this way.
    We might be able to add some limits in. As it works at the moment, we can set a usergroup (let's call it Writers) to have edit permissions only in a particular forum (let's call it News Articles). Any thread they start they will be able to moderate. Outside of that News Articles forum, the Writers usergroup cannot moderate.
    Mokonzi
    www.thexuniverse.com
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!

Total Downloaded
    Gil
    1,674 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Credits

Could we set usergroup that could have ability to moderate their threads everywhere and have regular registered users to moderate only in certain forums (of course, threads they start)?

These are two questions:

1) Ability to allow certain usergroup moderation in certain forums
    2) Ability to allow certain usergroup moderation in all forums (without need to go from forum to forum and allow it)

I'd like to have certain usergroup(s) that would have privileged status of being able to moderate all their threads, everywhere they write, and still have a certain forum(s) where everyone (all usergroups) could moderate own threads.

If that could be achieved fairly easily, I'm happy as I can be.

Development Team
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    8,915 (33,048 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Blog Entries
    Credits

1 is in place already, 2 is almost. You can set each forum easily - there are AJAX powered checkboxes, click the checkbox for Registered Users (for example) and all the forums gain the same settings. In short, it's quite quick to set up any forums you want, but new forums don't have a default setting currently.

You can set as many usergroups to moderate wherever you like, and you can limit those permissions as you want.

So to be clear, it isn't currently possible to click one setting as a default for a usergroup in every forum, but you can set every forum to allow a usergroup to do have permissions. Hope that helps.
    Mokonzi
    www.thexuniverse.com

Total Downloaded
    Gil
    1,674 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Credits

Ok, I think I understand this and if you maybe could made second point, i.e. special setting in usergroups' settings to enable moderation of own threads, this would be really great.

But, even as it is now it's excellent.

Development Team
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    8,915 (33,048 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Blog Entries
    Credits

I'll see what we can do
    Mokonzi
    www.thexuniverse.com

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information