DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons - Powered by vBulletin

DragonByte Tech Proudly Hosted By Hivelocity.net
Custom Fitted Forum Hosting from Hivelocity

User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 First 123412 ... Last

Thread: Introducing the Secret Project: vBArcade!

Forum: News Discussion

Discussion threads for news announcements will be auto-posted within.

Level 14 (7,565 Loyalty Points)
    Total Contributions For

racersimage      $ 0.00
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    287 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards Activity Stats
    Credits

Will it be available for vB 3.8 by chance?

Former Developer
    Level 36 (18,841 Loyalty Points)

Total Contributions For

Ozzy47 Points for Posts (Own Threads) Most Problems Solved      $ 28.00
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    19,141 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Blog Entries
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by racersimage View Post
    It has not been decided yet if this will be available for 3.8

My Free Mods are available at OzzModz.com and vB.org

New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Updated

Please do NOT PM me for Support, Ask for support in the relevant forums.
    I no longer work for DBTech and cannot offer official help with any questions or problems, please contact a member of the DBTech team for information on products and support. Any support I may give is unofficial.

Level 2 (1,920 Loyalty Points)

Total Contributions For

Jeremy      $ 0.00
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    720 (773 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Credits

What does it use for the high score of Diepix Arena 2? It says 0:10 for me... idk what that means lol. I thought it would be points. A form also popped up when the game finished, but I closed it.
    My forum: Animal Crossing forum. Also for other video games.
    We are currently running two DBTech Pro Mods: vBCredits and vBShop. In the future we will use vBArcade and vBAvatars.

Former Developer
    Level 36 (18,841 Loyalty Points)

Total Contributions For

Ozzy47 Points for Posts (Own Threads) Most Problems Solved      $ 28.00
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    19,141 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Blog Entries
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    What does it use for the high score of Diepix Arena 2? It says 0:10 for me... idk what that means lol. I thought it would be points. A form also popped up when the game finished, but I closed it.
    Important - the collection of games playable here are for demo purposes only, mainly to showcase the ability to run games from ibProArcade, v3Arcade, Mochi and others. Rest assured you will be able to convert and import the same games and scores from previous installations, but the default titles have not been assembled.

The form was to submit your score to Armor Games.

My Free Mods are available at OzzModz.com and vB.org

New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Updated

Please do NOT PM me for Support, Ask for support in the relevant forums.
    I no longer work for DBTech and cannot offer official help with any questions or problems, please contact a member of the DBTech team for information on products and support. Any support I may give is unofficial.

Former Developer
    Level 0 (0 Loyalty Points)
    Total Contributions For

Darkwaltz4      $ 0.00
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    6,569 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy47 View Post
    Would it be possible to set the description length so when you have alot of games, with different amounts of text in the description area, all the game boxes are the same size?
    I will try, but it is difficult to get perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy47 View Post
    Also maybe a no image gif for those who don't have a avatar loaded, so the names of the players all stay inline.
    Perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by racersimage View Post
    Probably, but maybe not alongside the vb4 version as that is the priority, and the built in style parts are largely missing in vb3 that would need to be remade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Some games use scoring APIs that submit to a third party site vs the site that is hosting the flash file. While you can play those games in vBArcade, the scores cannot be captured (we are attempting to persuade certain providers though). In the meantime, such scoreless/unscorable games use a backup scoring method of using the time spent as the score, so you can still track gaming sessions and have an approximation of who has been playing the most.

Level 0 (809 Loyalty Points)
    Total Contributions For

Alan_SP      $ 0.00
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    1,600 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Credits

Just to mention, please make game screens complying to Google AdSense regulations.

Former Developer
    Total Contributions For

Darkwaltz4      $ 0.00
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    6,569 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_SP View Post
    Just to mention, please make game screens complying to Google AdSense regulations.
    Can you explain/link me to what you are talking about?

Total Contributions For

Alan_SP      $ 0.00
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    1,600 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Credits

@Darkwaltz4
    Of course. I had some flash games throug iframe on my site, but didn't want to risk anything after I received this mail from google:

Dear Publisher,

At Google, we‚€™re committed to maintaining a positive ecosystem for our users, publishers and advertisers. We‚€™ve seen some negative trends around advertiser ROI and user experience resulting from ad units positioned near dynamic Flash content, and so as part of this commitment, we‚€™ll soon be reviewing the value that advertisers are gaining from AdSense ad placements on Flash gaming sites. We expect that you‚€™ll be impacted by these reviews, though we believe this is crucial to ensure consistency for our users, advertisers and publishers.

Please review your AdSense for Content units for placements that could result in accidental clicks, and update these implementations as soon as possible, if you haven‚€™t done so already. We recommend positioning ads at a minimum 150 pixels away from any dynamic Flash content or game player(s). You can find more detailed information about this on the Inside AdSense blog:http://adsense.blogspot.com/2010/10/...1-keeping.html .

If you are using the AdSense for Games product please make sure you are following all guidelines listed in the following document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ndplr=1&pli=1#

Note that continuing to show ads in a manner that is not consistent with the guidance above may result in warnings from our Policy Enforcement Team. In addition, it will likely lead to earnings adjustments by our Ad Traffic Quality Team for clicks that are accidental, and thus invalid. Please note that in cases with significant advertiser risk, we may need to disable ad serving to the affected site, or even to the account.

We understand that this is a challenging issue to manage, but we believe it‚€™s a necessary step in order to maintain the effectiveness and value of the Google Display Network. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Yours sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team
    After this mail they send this one:

Dear Publisher,

We recently sent you an email asking you to review your AdSense implementation on Flash gaming sites.

This email contained an incorrect link. Please see the correct link below which explains the optimum approach for compliant AdSense for Games and AdSense for Content implementations on flash gaming sites:

http://click.comms.doubleclick.com/?...38a10672a836ab

As a reminder from our previous email, please review your AdSense for Content placements that could result in accidental clicks andif you haven’t done so already,update these implementations as soon as possible. You can find more detailed information about this on the Inside AdSense blog:

http://click.comms.doubleclick.com/?...38a10672a836ab

Note that continuing to show ads in a manner that is not consistent with the guidance above may result in warnings from our Policy Enforcement Team.

Yours sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team
    And just to check link, this is document that now works (didn't check links now, but when I received email links still didn't work): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...&ndplr=1&pli=1

Anyway, idea is that games need to be clearly separated from google ads. In that respect it's better not to risk loosing google adsense account.

Former Developer
    Total Contributions For

Darkwaltz4      $ 0.00
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    6,569 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Credits

Thanks for that. I havent carefully considered ad placements yet, but the layout of the game page is essentially a 250px bar on the right side, and the game centered on the left. you set a maximum width games can expand to using the +/- buttons, but essentially they could fill the entirety of the left portion.

I guess, reading that, the best place to put an ad is on the bottom of the stack of stuff in the right column, as thats usually well separated from the game (especially once i turn on the "game you may like" feature which puts more height into it)

as for an ad that shows in place of the game, i was thinking it could be shown before the game loads. obviously i cant alter the flash themselves to insert ads on their loading pages (or remove them from mochi etc), but its one of the many reasons for the holding panel on the game page (the one with the button to begin game). What do you think?

Total Contributions For

Alan_SP      $ 0.00
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    1,600 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Credits

I think that games don't need new google ads separate from standard integration included with vBulletin. But in any case, after everything is done, please check that there is enough pixels separating games from Google AdSense. If need be, add some more pixels from standard Google Ads placements. Just to be sure.

Page 2 of 13 First 123412 ... Last

Thread Information