Tonight I am pleased to officially release vBEditorTabs v1.0.0-Beta! vBEditorTabs is an editor add-on, allowing administrators and users the ability to create custom tabs below the editor for categorizing smilies, with the potential to add further content in future releases. The tabs integrate smoothly with vBulletin's editor, are powered via jQuery, and there is no limit to the number of tabs you can have, as they wrap under each other and still function normally. vBEditorTabs is currently only compatible with vB4.1.4 and higher (CKEditor). A lite version is not available at this time, but will be available once the product gets out of beta.
vBEditorTabs provided the following features to the Admin via the ACP:
- Option to globally disable the product
- Option to turn off the product version number in the copyright information
- Option to turn off the Hi-Velocity Hosting link
- Option to remove the DBT branding, if you purchased a branding free key for the product
- Option to not load jQuery, if it is already being called by another modification
- Option to select which version of jQuery to load
- Option to place the tabs above or below the editor
- Option to enable User "Favorite" tab
Tab Animation Settings
- animate - Makes content panels fade out and in when a new tab is clicked.
- animationSpeed - Controls the speed of the fading effect if animate: true.
- collapsedByDefault - Makes tabs collapsed by default (when the page is loaded) if collapsible: true.
- collapsible - Makes panels collapse and un-collapse if active tab is clicked repeatedly.
- transitionIn - The jQuery effect used to show the target panel when a tab is selected.
- transitionInEasing - The jQuery easing speed for the transitionIn animation.
- transitionOut - The jQuery effect used to hide the visible panel when a tab is selected.
- transitionOutEasing - The jQuery easing speed for the transitionOut animation.
- transitionCollapse - The jQuery effect used to collapse the panel if collapsible: true.
- transitionCollapseEasing - The jQuery easing speed for the transitionCollapse animation.
- transitionUncollapse - The jQuery effect used to un-collapse the panel if collapsible: true.
- transitionUncollapseEasing - The jQuery easing speed for the transitionUncollapse animation.
- Ability to add new tabs
- Ability to activate or deactivate each tab
- Ability to assign usergroup viewing permissions to each tab
- Simple drag-and-drop interface for moving smilies between different tabs
- AJAX database updating: when you drop a smilie onto a new tab, the database automatically updates for the change
- Simple drag-and-drop interface for changing the order of the tabs
- AJAX database updating: when you drop a tab into a new position in the list, the database automatically updates for the change
- Disabled tabs automatically drop to the end of the list
- Stylevars available so that you can customize the tabs to match each of your styles individually
- External CSS file available if you want to customize the look of the ACP configuration (not recommended, but available)
- Phrased to allow for customization for different languages
From the User CP, a user will have the following options:
- Each user has the ability to create their own "Favorites" tab with smilies they use most often
- Uses the same drag-and-drop functionality as the ACP to place smilies into their tab
- Users can only pick from smilies that are not assigned to a tab, or assigned to a tab they have access to
- Ability to have a "Favorites" tab can be set on a per-usergroup basis
- Quantity of smilies in the "Favorites" tab can be set on a per-usergroup basis
Since the pre-release, I have added the ability for the Admin to place the tabs on the top or bottom of the editor. I also added 13 new settings to control the animation of the tabs. Of course, no one has had a chance to play with the backend interface yet anyway, so its not like you knew it was missing.
As mentioned in the pre-release, I see a lot of future potential for this product to be able to include things other than smilies. I wasn't able to get any more content in this week, but future updates will have the ability to have different types of content in various tabs. With all that said, check it out a let me know what you think.
Product Page: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/vbeco...&productid=167
Discuss this news here.