DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons - Powered by vBulletin

DragonByte Tech Proudly Hosted By Hivelocity.net
Custom Fitted Forum Hosting from Hivelocity

User Tag List

Thread: Forums Gifts

Forum: New Modification Requests / Suggestions

Have a great idea for a new DragonByte product? Post it here, we'd be happy to hear it!

Level 58 (29,653 Loyalty Points)
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    898 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards Activity Stats
    Westland, Michigan, United States, 106102432754984, Westland, Michigan
    Credits

Question Forums Gifts

I was thinking a gift mod that allows members to buy each other forum gifts... It would work with both points earned with achievements or forum points and you can use the website donations system to buy them or buy extra points but I think it's best to have it as a separate currency that you can exchange for forum points or vise versa...

DragonByte could set up the initial store categories like holiday, birthday, anaversery, best friends, favorite poster or blogger or get well... The items would be anywhere from a forum pet to gift boxes weapons candy whatever! Was thinking even transferring over some forum points. The person giving the gifts would gain achiements over time like maybe have it show grifter of the day, week, month and year! This would promote people to be more active and to contribute to the site more because they can either buy their way to the top or spend more time posting to earn the currency the old fashion way! Either way I think it will add a bit of love to any forums!

Maybe have the forums currency as well as gift bucks maybe even have a way to earn or achieve a gift bucks.. Am sure people can buy gift buck packages from the forums through the donations system...

Managing Director
    Level 0 (382 Loyalty Points)
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    10,933 (101,921 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Blog Entries
    Credits

It's unlikely we'd make this just because so much of what you suggest is already possible through vBShop & vBCredits to be honest.
    Iain Kidd
    Founder & Managing Director
    DragonByte Technologies Ltd www.DragonByte-Tech.com
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!

Level 0 (450 Loyalty Points)

Total Downloaded
    Gil
    383 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Decado View Post
    It's unlikely we'd make this just because so much of what you suggest is already possible through vBShop & vBCredits to be honest.
    Yes, but only on a very low level.
    I'm member of a german social community that even offers a Point and Gift system. But it's not only "Get points" and "make gifts". They boosted this basically idea with interesting features, like "limited gifts" or gifts with an random effect, e.g. you buy a "Cat in a bag" and there are different possible cats to come out. If you could do something like that this would be great and even interesting. With vBDonate the people only spend the money for "Nothing" at all. But when they receive some credits to spend on forum gifts for their donation this could get more attractive you know? .

I'd like to support this idea
    Meine Übersetzungen sind für euch kostenlos nutzbar, wer mir aber eine Spende via PayPal zukommen lassen möchte, darf gerne hier klicken

------------

Of course you can use all my German translations of DB Tech prodcuts for free.
    Nevertheless donations via PayPal are appreciated.

Managing Director
    Level 0 (382 Loyalty Points)
    Total Downloaded
    Gil
    10,933 (101,921 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Blog Entries
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Yes, but only on a very low level.
    I'm member of a german social community that even offers a Point and Gift system. But it's not only "Get points" and "make gifts". They boosted this basically idea with interesting features, like "limited gifts" or gifts with an random effect, e.g. you buy a "Cat in a bag" and there are different possible cats to come out. If you could do something like that this would be great and even interesting. With vBDonate the people only spend the money for "Nothing" at all. But when they receive some credits to spend on forum gifts for their donation this could get more attractive you know? .

I'd like to support this idea
    People can pay real money for points with vBCredits which they can then use to buy gifts for people using vBShop at the moment

If you have ideas for new types of gifts that vBShop doesn't currently support please do make a feature request in the vBShop forum and we'll look at getting them implemented in future.

Iain
    Iain Kidd
    Founder & Managing Director
    DragonByte Technologies Ltd www.DragonByte-Tech.com
    Like our products? Want to be notified on social media networks when we release updates or new products? Click the buttons below to Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google+!

Level 0 (450 Loyalty Points)

Total Downloaded
    Gil
    383 (0 Banked)
    Total Downloaded
    Credits

Yes ok. I know that the gift feature is available in vBShop Pro yet.
    I'll take some time soon to write some ideas or concepts for gifts.

Finally i can understand the Thread starter. To use gift and point system together like he'd like to have it he got to buy both vBCredits and vBShop only for this little aspect. This is really expensive if he doesn't use the plenty other features
    Meine Übersetzungen sind für euch kostenlos nutzbar, wer mir aber eine Spende via PayPal zukommen lassen möchte, darf gerne hier klicken

------------

Of course you can use all my German translations of DB Tech prodcuts for free.
    Nevertheless donations via PayPal are appreciated.

Thread Information