Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwaltz4

Former Developer
This gets asked frequently, and the solution is pretty straightforward: Yes, you can integrate vBCredits with vBActivity, vBShop, or both.

Go into vBCredits admin and select the currency manager. From there, click the add a new currency link. On the page that loads, it will have detected the currencies from other addons for you to simply choose from a dropdown list and it will populate the form with the tech details for you. Alter any other settings as you see fit, and save it. Now your events and displays and such can operate with the points from these other addons.

* When using vBActivity, it is best to leave those actions handled under it out of vBCredits, as vBActivity cannot make it's calculations without its own logs.

* When using vBShop only, you could either import the currency into vBCredits, or pick a vBCredits currency from the currency manager and put the value from Field column into the vBShop Points Field setting - and turn off Points Accumulation while you're there.

* When using all three, you will need to chain the vBActivity currency between them, as the vBActivity currency cannot be changed. vBShop by itself can go either way (dbtech_vbactivity_points).

* Any default currencies from vBCredits can be safely deleted afterwards, but you may want to transfer the user balances first. You could also import all of the native currencies from these addons and users can manually transfer between them using the related vBCredits functions.

Last edited:
I am using vBActivity and vBCredits. I want to use ONLY vBActivity points in vBCredits. Should I just delete "Credits" from the currency manager?

I am also planning to use vBShop. Will I have to configure it with vBActivity or with vBCredits?

As per the fourth asterisk, you may delete the Credits currency. As per the third asterisk, you'll have to use vbactivity's currency in vbshop when you add that, the column value as which you can get from vbcredits' field in the currency manager summary after its been imported.

I believe the answer to the first question is yes :)

The answer to the 2nd question will be, you'll need to change the Points Field setting to dbtech_vbactivity_points :)

I am sorry, I am a bit week in English. Please correct me if I am wrong.

As per the 1st asterisk, when using vBCredits and vBActivity; it is better to use vBActivity Points.

As per the 3rd asterisk, when using all three; vBActivity should be used in vBCredits and vBShop.

RIGHT?

That is correct. If you are using vBActivity at all, you need to use its currency on the rest. If you are using vBShop only, then it can use any currency from any location (vBCredits can as well, concurrently!).

Points Table
This is the database table that houses the points field vBShop should read from. : credits_currency

Points Field
This is the database column that houses the points field vBShop should read from. : dbtech_vbshop_points

When I click confirm purchase, I get this error:

Invalid SQL:

UPDATE credits_currency
SET dbtech_vbshop_points = dbtech_vbshop_points - 250000
WHERE userid = 1;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'dbtech_vbshop_points' in 'field list'

Hi there, pretty new to this system, I have both VBShop v2. and VBCredits2Deluxe Im having a problem integrating the two to work together, Ive got the members points set up and all of that, upon enter the Shop wallet is empty, please help.

Edit: I was able to fix what I needed, but Im getting an error.

dbtech/vbshop/hooks/postbit_display_complete.php on line 21

Last edited:
Hi there, pretty new to this system, I have both VBShop v2. and VBCredits2Deluxe Im having a problem integrating the two to work together, Ive got the members points set up and all of that, upon enter the Shop wallet is empty, please help.

Edit: I was able to fix what I needed, but Im getting an error.

dbtech/vbshop/hooks/postbit_display_complete.php on line 21

up ...plzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back